First I should say we LOVE every Westin Hotel we have ever stayed at...this one is no exception! We sailed on a cruise from Galveston & upon our return, the port was closed due to fog. We didn't get off the ship until around 6:30 that evening.... the fog had rolled in again & so driving home was a bit scary. So, while my husband drove us, I searched on my phone for a hotel in Houston with a decent price as we had to have two rooms, travelling with my mother. This hotel came up & the price was more than reasonable. So, we booked King two rooms, side by side. We arrived & were helped immediately at the desk & quickly up to our rooms. The rooms we beautiful! Tall ceilings with windows to match! The bathroom is gorgeous & well stocked with the famous Westin products we LOVE. We were tired, cold & hungry after such a long day.... we didn't want to go out to eat anywhere, so we went down to the restaurant. The lobby, bar, restaurant are beautiful. Our meals were wonderful. I eat Gluten Free & while the waitress didn't know if the food I wanted was or not, she gladly went back & asked the chef who said he could prepare it that way for me. Very nice. Anyway, with our belly's full, we headed up to our rooms.... a nice HOT shower was in order.... then.... I literally fell into the "Heavenly Bed". Ahhhhhh!!!! Like sleeping on a cloud. The pillows are to die for! The bed lives up to it's name!! The best sleep I had had in a along time!
The only negative is that we had to leave & go home the next morning.
We have another cruise booked for later this year & have already booked this hotel pre-cruise. Can't wait.
We would be staying here for our anniversary in June, but discovered they don't have a pool. :-(
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Ballpark Hotel Houston
- Inn At The Ballpark Hotel
- Hotel At The Ballpark
- At The Ballpark Houston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Houston Downtown,formerly Inn at the Ballpark, is conveniently located near many of Houston's attractions including George R. Brown Convention Center, Discovery Green (one of Houston's most visited parks), and for fans of the arts, The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts and the Houston Symphony. Treat yourself to a baseball game at Minute Maid Park, a concert at the Toyota Center, or a soccer match at the BBVA Compass Stadium - all located within blocks of our downtown Houston hotel.Our goal is that you leave our Houston Downtown hotel feeling better than when you arrived - stay on top of work in the business center, power up at your pace in our Westin Workout Fitness Studio, or eat well in our award winning restaurant, Vic & Anthony's. Enjoy traditional charm and inspiring views in any of our 200 guest rooms and suites, featuring 14' ceilings and ceiling fans. Work at the modern desk or relax on the leather furniture. Get a blissful night’s rest on your Westin Heavenly Bed®, and refresh with premium bath amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Westin Houston Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.