“Fabulous Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fabulous Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Icon with a group working the FreePress Summer Fest event this past weekend my overall impression was it's a lovely hotel. We had a great time with the bartender in the evenings, the full breakfast with made-to-order omelettes and waffles was a fabulous way to start the day (we didn't get to eat again most days until after 4), and the shower water pressure was amazing! My room was neat and tidy each night when we returned, but I only got bottled water the first night at is sure would have been great to have it waiting in the room when I returned as it was really hot the entire weekend - however not only did the bartender sent 2 bottles to my room the front desk also provided me with 2 bottles when requested.

The best experience happened after I got home. I realized I left 5 dresses in the closet and was heart broke as 2 were brand new and only wore once. After getting a voice mail at housekeeping I called back and asked to speak to the GM. Steve provided me his personal cell phone and said he would call back in 14 minutes. He returned my call within 7 and had my dress along with some sandals I'd forgotten as well. Totally Amazing! He is sending them to me overnight and I will have them in time for my trip to California this weekend.

I'm taking my husband to Houston for pleasure soon and we will definitely stay at the Hotel Icon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel Icon, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Wendy, It was great to speak with you and I am hppy that everything worked out so well. I hope to see you back soon as a guest. And this time I will help you pack before you go!!!! LOL.

Thank you so much for the kind comments and we look forward to your future stay!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This place is amazing! $300 for a gorgeous room, jacuzzi tub, dozen roses, chocolate dipped strawberries and breakfast in bed! Every attention to detail you can imagine. The beds are super comfortable in the large beautifully decorated rooms. Even the elevators smell amazing! And the bar/bartenders make the best drinks I've had in a long time. They are located in downtown Houston in the middle of bars and restaurants ... You don't even need a car. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel Icon, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Sounds like you had the perfect weekend! Thank you for your review. We are very proud of Hotel ICON and it makes us happy to know you enjoyed your time with us. Tell a Friend!

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Understated elegance abounds in this restored to period Autograph Collection by Marriott property in downtown Houston . I loved the Hitchcock furniture pieces and color palette of the interior. Walk out the door and you can catch the Metrorail. Peaceful with period decor and architectural elements that emphasize the outstanding structure of the building. Breakfast is top notch. The corner room I was kindly upgraded to exceeded my expectations. Wonderful bathroom. I look forward to my return

Room Tip: Ask for the corner junior suite if available.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel Icon, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I am so proud of the Hotel ICON and it makes me feel good to know others appreciate it too. I invite all to come and check us out and enjoy all that the ICON has to offer. As an Autograph Collection hotel you get Marriott Rewards points too! We love our guests!

Steve GM
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a darling hotel right at the edge of the downtown Houston bar and restaurant scene. Lobby and rooms are have old world charm with new world conveniences. The room and bed were very comfortable - and quiet! You are located near to the nightlife scene but not so close you hear them. They also run a shuttle to move you about downtown Houston - we rode to dinner and walked back. Used the fitness center in the morning for a quick run. Unfortunately you have to book spa appts 24 hours in advance so wasn't able to take advantage of that. And the overnight parking was more than I was expecting. Overall, loved it and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review or Hotel ICON. Old World Charm is exactly what we're going for. This is a renovated bank building with 4 Diamond service and amenities. We are in the process of hiring a Spa Director to make sure we are open and able to take all spa requests with less of a wait time. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we get a chance to have you back soon.

Steve GM
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Hotel Icon several times a year for a night in the city. We also stayed there our wedding night. The rooms are very comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The beds are extremely comfortable, and you will get a great nights sleep. The bath tub and showers are very clean and comfortable. The staff are very attentive and the restaurant and bar are very classy. The hotel has a shuttel that will take you anywhere downtown. Love this hotel!

Room Tip: The King Bed with Bathtub is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know your good times at Hotel ICON. Yes, great tip on the King rooms with the Jetted Tubs. Very comforatable. The bathroom sizes are huge. Thank you for staying with us and being a loyal guest. We look forward to your next stay at Hotel ICON

Kinder, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We booked one night at the Hotel Icon to enjoy The Eagles concert held at the nearby Houston Toyota Center. We absolutely loved the atmosphere at this Autograph Collection hotel. It is a restored bank from the turn of the century with wonderful accents and memorabilia of that bygone time. The original bank vault is located behind the front desk and the staff offered to even show us the interior of the vault when we were checking out. All the staff were quite helpful during our stay at this lovely boutique hotel. We did enjoy a happy hour before the concert which was a little on the pricey side but the appetizers were awesome. I recommend using the shuttle service to close area attractions but it does shut down around 11:00 PM so take that into account. The tastefully decorated room was adorned with high end linens and personal bar set up. We both want to return to this little jewel of a hotel in downtown Houston.

Room Tip: We did ask for a upgrade and was accommodated! The elevated is a little slow but it was never a prob...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel Icon, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences. How was the Eagle Concert?!?!?!? I am happy that you enjoyed your room and stay. Hotel ICON is known for service and we are happy to hear from our guests that we are achieving that goal.

We look forward to future visits!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This small boutique hotel located in a old bank building has alot of class. The rooms are nicely appointed, the staff attentive and the restaurant and bar high end and classy. The only downside is its location on the north edge of downtown which can be a bit seedy. But the hotel has a shuttle that will take you just about anywhere and the train station is across the street so no need to venture too far. Its great for couples celebrating or an overnight for a ballgame or convention. And you can sometimes score some great rates too, which is a bonus!

Room Tip: Get a room up high and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. Hotel ICON is located at the North end of Houston’s downtown district. The area is redeveloping and it is exciting. New bars, restaurants and businesses are moving in monthly. A Historic district of Houston that is growing and alive. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your future stay s so you can see the differences each time.

GM

Been to Hotel Icon, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!