“Great birthday” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston
“Great birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and professional. The room was very clean and crisp feeling. Moses was the bomb. He was very patience with me and all my luggage. Will be back and will let all my friends knw about how this hotel stay was amazing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Jazzy 62,

Thank you for celebrating your special day at the Hilton Americas-Houston and recognizing Moses.

Hilton Americas-Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Turkish first
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is an excellent choice of hotel if you are wanting to be close to the convention center. The hotel is excellent and the staff was very friendly and provided excellent service. While I was unable to get a king room as requested, the double bed room was very good. The bed was very relaxing and comfortable and the pillows were great. The room was well appointed with LCD TV and the climate control in the room was awesome! Many hotel rooms have difficulty getting the room cool enough to provide a comfortable stay, but not at the Hilton! This was the best climate control I have experienced in any hotel. If you desired, you could get the room cold almost to 60 degrees, but it was great to set the thermostat and allow the system to get the room temp accurate. The bathroom was great and overall, I could not have asked for a better stay at this hotel. I had a very tight schedule and ate three lunches at the restaurant in the hotel and each meal was excellent and a great value. I had the lunch buffet once and for $15.95 including beverage, it was a outstanding value.

I will stay at this hotel again upon my return to Houston. Even if not attending a convention, there are plenty of activities, restaurants and other things to visit downtown Houston. I recommend this hotel for your next stay in Houston.

Dear ComputerMaverick,

Thank you for highlighting our service oriented team, convenient location and great features we have available to our guests.

We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is literally right across the street from the convention center and in the heart of downtown. Rooms are well kept, lobby is beautiful, the hotel has a great restaurant/bar, etc.
I travel for work quite often, and the bed at this Hilton was one of the best beds I've ever slept on.
Extras are expensive - $20 to self park, $32 to valet, fee for internet, room service is expensive, etc., but you'll run into those rates at any downtown hotel.
I got a great deal on this hotel room through Hotwire.
Overall I enjoyed my quick stay here and would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear theblondegirl,

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation to others.

Las Vegas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

With an after mid-night check-in, there was little opportunity to experience the hotel. I waited at the front desk for a few minutes waiting for a front desk agent to come out from the office. THe room was fine, but the executive lounge food offerings for breakfast were a disappointment.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Robert R,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Arlington, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had read many reviews before booking at this location, and while I was put off by the replies back to the negative reviews, finding them slightly unprofessional, I still decided to give this place a chance.

I was scheduled for a convention on Labor Day weekend with Comicpalooza, as a panelist. As my husband also helps to run the non-profit organization I was presenting on the behalf of, he traveled with me, as well did our teenaged children.

During my research, I found this location did not allow reservations without a credit card and a one night payment in advance. So I called the reservation line, gave them the name the reserved block of rooms for discount rate was under, and they found it with ease. I was able to reserve one room with two double beds within for a total of $125.19 (that included tax). I was reserving only two nights stay.

I already saw complaints about food pricing, food quality, timely service of food, and internet prices as well as lack of microwave and lack of refrigerator (even though you can request a refrigerator and it will be provided to you complimentary, if available). So I took steps to plan just for such an event, especially since I was traveling on a strict budget.

My arrival was hectic and irritating but this was not due to the hotel. It was actually due to the convention itself, and their lack of proper organizing. It took me well over four hours to locate badges that were supposed to be ready for my pick up, and so by the time I got to the hotel to check in, I was wiped out and ready to call it a day already. My check in was painless. I needed to pull cash from the ATM to finish out my bill with the receptionist. So the very kind woman pointed me in the right direction, and in less than 5 minutes, I was on my way to my room. My only complaint with this was the inability to use the luggage carts without the aid of a bellboy. Customarily you tip a bellboy when they help, and so I had only a tiny bit of cash on me that I could hand to him, and it made me feel bad, but having to lug load after load of equipment and luggage to my room was absolutely out of the question, given the great distance from my room to my car. Fortunately, the bellboy didn't treat me poorly for my less than stellar tip. I did apologize to him, even though he assured me it was OK.

The bellboy was information of the area and services, which I found nice, had I not been already familiar with Houston or the services available to me. Once I was situated in my room, the first thing my teens did was check out every nook and cranny. Not a thing was out of place. The room was spectacular, exceptionally clean, already cooled upon our entry, and lovely smelling. Something I noticed that was universal throughout the entire hotel was a floral like smell, especially strong within the sky bridge between the hotel and parking garage. That could be too much for anyone with asthma problems that get set off by perfume like odors. Personally, I enjoyed the smell though.

Oh, parking! Before I forget.... I did pay for my (SELF) parking in advance, to which my room key acted as my in/out activator, allowing me to come and go as I pleased. I had a $1 discount due to my room rate discount, which brought my parking down to $19 a day. While it was pricey, I have to say that I felt safe and my belongings (and vehicle) remained unviolated through out my stay.

The internet option was $15 a day, but I passed on this, as I have my own internet. Supposedly, in the lobby, there is free wifi. Though, I heard several friends complain to me that it was very slow with all the traffic and guests staying at the hotel that weekend.

Food wise, I shopped in advance and purchased items that I could either make in my room (like sandwiches), or use the hot water that the coffee makers distribute for things like cup o' noodle soup. I had a small Styrofoam chest that I put ice into and kept soy milk for cereal, cheese and sandwich meat, and other small items that require chilling. We ate as we pleased, and I never broke budget by doing this. However, friends of mine who came unprepared had complaints for expensive foods that did not meet their expectations in matching quality for the price. I suspected as much, since previous complaints I read online didn't seem to vary much from that of my friends complaints. So I was happy I'd planned ahead.

Our last night there, friends of ours who had played the musical ball portion of the convention decided to chip in with us to buy pizza. We asked security from the convention loading dock area where was a good place to order from at 3am, and she gave us the name of a local place, called Gotham Pizza. The pizza was awfully expensive, totaling out to over $60 for three 16" pizzas with two toppings each.I found that astronomical, but the group was pretty hungry and went with them. We were anything but impressed though. The sauce was runny, the dough was thin and there wasn't much "pizza" there to go around between us all, as we had hoped there would be. Out of 12 of us, we all got two pieces each. We were all still hungry by the end of it. I ended up going back to my room and making a sandwich. My point is that if you plan to eat out in this area, do your homework before hand. Just because the hotel or convention recommends it, doesn't mean it's the best option.

On our first night, we all decided to go swimming and soak in the hot tub. Of course, finding the 24th floor was tricky because most of the main elevators only went to the 19th floor. So you had to call the front desk and ask actually how to get to the proper elevators that took you to the correct floor. We easily got that information and found ourselves one floor too high. It's actually the 23rd floor, to which we took the stairs back down to. The pool was a bit odd. It was split up into three sections with lane dividers. The other odd thing, which I'd never seen before, was how the edge of the pool come even with the ground, and about 1 foot of the pool edge, all the way around, was a grate where the water would drain off. The entire pool area was indoor with a spectacular view over downtown Houston. The water was a touch chilly for me, but the teens seemed to be a-OK with it. They especially enjoyed the swimming noodles that were available for folks to swim with. I ended up retreating to the hot tub, which was a half moon shape and roomy enough for 8 people to easily get inside without crowding each other. After about 30 minutes in the jets, soaking, I found myself wandering out onto the observation desk area which overlooked the Toyota Center. It was absolutely beautiful to look out over the city.

Eventually we went back to our room, only to be met face to face with fireworks over at the Minute Maid center. I was pleasantly surprised, as was the rest of my family, to get a full on 10 minute fireworks show right from our bedroom. We all pulled up chairs and sat, comfortable watching a show of grandness bursting right outside our window. I took film of it too. I know the hotel didn't set that up, but it was definitely a nice perk and a great way to wind up our first evening.

Later, I took a shower, which took roughly TEN minutes for the hot water to finally get to me. I suspect it was because I was on the 14th floor. I can't be sure of that though. I ended up leaving the water running while sitting in the tub, waiting for the hot water to arrive. Once it did, it was as hot as hot could be! I was not disappointed with a very hot, wonderful shower. So I'd say it was worth the wait.

The maid showed up the next morning, right on time. I didn't need anything other than more coffee, more cups, more creamer, sugar, and towels.. oh, and my trash emptied. She was super kind about it all, and did it with no problems. I also appreciated the safe in the room, where I could put valuables away without any worries.

The next morning was uneventful, quiet, and pleasant. We went to our convention as per plans, and come back without any issues. By the time check out was upon us, we were out even more quickly than we were in. I simply used the phone check out system, and that was that. I was able to get a parking spot on the 5th floor of the garage, right up front by the elevators, which made packing the car up a total cinch. We used our car to get out of the garage, and that was that! We were on our way.

I didn't find any pending debits on my account, like I've run into before with other hotels. What they said I would be charged was exactly that, and I paid it in cash, so nothing further come from my account. I was very pleased with that. The staff there was courteous, which was impressive especially on my arrival, as I was not exactly my best dressed at the time. I'd driven in over 5 hours time, and arrived wearing blue jeans, a t-shirt, my hair in a disheveled mess, and no make-up. So I hardly looked like I belonged in such a nice place. But despite my looks, I was treated kindly and courteously. To that, I say bravo Hilton. Now, just work on the food pricing, services, and quality, and get some microwaves and refrigerators in the room... and you'll get a five out of five from me!

Room Tip: 23rd floor is pool/hot tub - but there's only one set of elevators that go to it. Research plac...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Stephanie M,

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback on your recent visit to the Hilton Americas-Houston on TripAdvisor.

We have recently completed the installation of refrigerators in over 400 of our guests rooms and will continue installation to with this project over the next few years. In the interim, we will continue to make them available by request for those rooms that do not have them. This will be a great enhancement for our guests and unique versus the other full service brands in our area.

Additionally, we look forward to welcoming Pappasito's Cantina to our food service offerings this fall.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Dayton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park and connects via sky bridge to George R. Brown Convention Center. Huge parking garage also connects and you can self park. Valet parking is available. The staff was excellent, the bar (on a Friday night) although crowded was very nice. The hotel is very quiet, clean and comfortable with very hot water. The layout is easy to get around and the inside of the hotel is beautiful. The wifi (free to Diamond members) worked great. As a note across the street from the main entrance is a park for families with Discovery Green. A couple blocks away is House of Blues and other great places to enjoy your evening. I will be back and suggest you make this your stay if on the south side of Houston.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Paul R,

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with your stay on TripAdvisor.

Our ideal location, great service, clean facilities and comfortable rooms make us a perfect hotel for guests visiting Downtown Houston.

We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on business once a year since it opened 10 years ago. I have always had a terrific stay and feel that this hotel is the perfect backdrop for conducting business in Houston.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear jamstanjr,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hilton Americas. We appreciate you staying with us and our partnership with HelmsBriscoe.

Hilton Americas-Houston

Been to Hilton Americas - Houston? Share your experiences!