I stayed there recently for 5 nights. The hotel was clean and on par with other 4 star rated properties. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. However, the service was very poor!
I was disappointed with the service at the front desk, where the staff lacked basic courtesy and professionalism. For instance, when I asked for a upper floor and quiet room at checkin, I was given a sixth floor corner room not far from the highway. When I went back to the front desk after seeing the room, I was told to come back the next morning, and when I went back the next morning, I was told to come back after 3 pm. I told them to call me when a quieter upper room becomes available, and never called the call. The guy who checked me in seemed to be absent minded, for I told him that I only needed one key but got two.
The bell captain was also rude and lacked basic professionalism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Americas-Houston, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas, is directly connected via two indoor sky-bridges to the George R. Brown Convention Center, and offers 1,200 luxurious guestrooms, including four Presidential Suites and 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. This AAA Four Diamond rated hotel was newly renovated in 2011. Featuring 1600 Bar + Grille for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the popular Lobby Bar, Java Jive featuring Starbucks, Pappasito's Cantina, 24 hour room service, the full service Skyline Spa & Health Club and The UPS Store - a great variety for everyone. With 91,500 square feet of technologically advanced, flexible meeting space, including the 40,000 square foot Lanier Grand Ballroom, divisible into 12 independent spaces, the 26,000 square foot Ballroom of the Americas, divisible into six independent spaces, plus 10,000 square feet of invitingly usable pre-function space, Hilton Americas-Houston is the perfect meeting place for any group and awarded one of the world's best business hotels for 2013 by Travel + Leisure magazine. Hilton Americas-Houston is the proud recipient of Hilton Worldwide's Award of Excellence for service and quality for four consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Americas - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton