We stayed here last Friday, while attending opening day of the Houston Astros 2012 season. If I was going to stay downtown to attend a convention at George R. Brown, see the Astros or stay with family, I'd probably either stay here or the brand-new Embassy Suites next door. Hilton Americas is a pretty good hotel. I've stayed at Hiltons around the country and, along with Hyatt hotels, they offer a consistently good experience...especially for the business traveler. I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years and always found it to my liking.
I actually found a really good deal for an Executive Level room and I booked it several months ago. I had to prepay in advance in order to obtain the lower room-rate. It was worth it. The rooms aren't too terribly huge, but they are nicely appointed, clean and the beds were very comfortable. Slept very well.
Staying on the executive level is nice because free continental breakfast is included (in a private lounge) along with an afternoon cocktail reception.
The pool area is OK but they put way too much chlorine in the pool... The outside patio (just outside the pool area) offers a beautiful view of downtown Houston and the surrounding area, especially at night.
I hear that Spencers bar and restaurant has very good steaks. The lobby bar, located by the front doors, is nice as well. The bartenders are very nice and the drinks are good as is the people-watching.
I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Americas-Houston, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas, is directly connected via two indoor sky-bridges to the George R. Brown Convention Center, and offers 1,200 luxurious guestrooms, including four Presidential Suites and 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. This AAA Four Diamond rated hotel was newly renovated in 2011. Featuring 1600 Bar + Grille for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the popular Lobby Bar, Java Jive featuring Starbucks, Pappasito's Cantina, 24 hour room service, the full service Skyline Spa & Health Club and The UPS Store - a great variety for everyone. With 91,500 square feet of technologically advanced, flexible meeting space, including the 40,000 square foot Lanier Grand Ballroom, divisible into 12 independent spaces, the 26,000 square foot Ballroom of the Americas, divisible into six independent spaces, plus 10,000 square feet of invitingly usable pre-function space, Hilton Americas-Houston is the perfect meeting place for any group and awarded one of the world's best business hotels for 2013 by Travel + Leisure magazine. Hilton Americas-Houston is the proud recipient of Hilton Worldwide's Award of Excellence for service and quality for four consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Americas - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton