This review may not apply to most people, but perhaps more for frequent customer of this hotel.
I've stayed for 9 months in this hotel, and over that time, I've lost a softshell jacket that I recently purchased in my room on one occasion, an entire garment bag filled with business attire because they gave it to another customer, and a sports watch on another occassion. At the time I reported them, I felt that they did not take the extra step to provide some kind of assurance that this will not happen again, and that they will do anything they can to get them back. They gave me the impression that I had to expect these things to happen when staying with them.
Further to that, they don't seem to be good listeners. I spoke to several different security personnell and others mentioning that I've provided my business to them in the long term, and stay with them week-after-week, hoping that they would step up their already mundane game to help me with the issues I am having in their hotel. Unortunately, this did not happen. Only after their external insurance personnell was involved did they realize I was a "regular".
This is one of the few Hilton branches that I've stayed in, and frankly, I am not nearly as satisfied staying in this hotel compared to others. The only person who seems to appreciate having me around in this hotel is one of the Bellmen. Otherwise, they are very disconnected with me, and I'm not sure why. It's unfortunate, because I'm contemplating switching hotels at this point.
One more thing. The piping in the hotel is old, so sometimes you get a room where either the drainage is clogged (happened about once every 4 stays for me, sometimes more), or the shower makes a loud motor-like noise (happened about once every 8 stays or so).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Americas-Houston, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas, is directly connected via two indoor sky-bridges to the George R. Brown Convention Center, and offers 1,200 luxurious guestrooms, including four Presidential Suites and 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. This AAA Four Diamond rated hotel was newly renovated in 2011. Featuring 1600 Bar + Grille for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the popular Lobby Bar, Java Jive featuring Starbucks, Pappasito's Cantina, 24 hour room service, the full service Skyline Spa & Health Club and The UPS Store - a great variety for everyone. With 91,500 square feet of technologically advanced, flexible meeting space, including the 40,000 square foot Lanier Grand Ballroom, divisible into 12 independent spaces, the 26,000 square foot Ballroom of the Americas, divisible into six independent spaces, plus 10,000 square feet of invitingly usable pre-function space, Hilton Americas-Houston is the perfect meeting place for any group and awarded one of the world's best business hotels for 2013 by Travel + Leisure magazine. Hilton Americas-Houston is the proud recipient of Hilton Worldwide's Award of Excellence for service and quality for four consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Americas - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton