“After close to 9 months staying with Hilton, I regret to say...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“After close to 9 months staying with Hilton, I regret to say...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

This review may not apply to most people, but perhaps more for frequent customer of this hotel.

I've stayed for 9 months in this hotel, and over that time, I've lost a softshell jacket that I recently purchased in my room on one occasion, an entire garment bag filled with business attire because they gave it to another customer, and a sports watch on another occassion. At the time I reported them, I felt that they did not take the extra step to provide some kind of assurance that this will not happen again, and that they will do anything they can to get them back. They gave me the impression that I had to expect these things to happen when staying with them.

Further to that, they don't seem to be good listeners. I spoke to several different security personnell and others mentioning that I've provided my business to them in the long term, and stay with them week-after-week, hoping that they would step up their already mundane game to help me with the issues I am having in their hotel. Unortunately, this did not happen. Only after their external insurance personnell was involved did they realize I was a "regular".

This is one of the few Hilton branches that I've stayed in, and frankly, I am not nearly as satisfied staying in this hotel compared to others. The only person who seems to appreciate having me around in this hotel is one of the Bellmen. Otherwise, they are very disconnected with me, and I'm not sure why. It's unfortunate, because I'm contemplating switching hotels at this point.

One more thing. The piping in the hotel is old, so sometimes you get a room where either the drainage is clogged (happened about once every 4 stays for me, sometimes more), or the shower makes a loud motor-like noise (happened about once every 8 stays or so).

Room Tip: If you are staying in the long term, beware of the above. ASk for rooms away from vanding machines...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

During a large convention I had need for some special help. We were experiencing bad weather and I had to get 60 clients to a meeting about 3 blocks away without getting them wet.
To the rescue, Bell Captain Terrence Phelps organized both hotel shuttles to be at our disposal. All done with great charm!
Thank you so much you saved the day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear 720Carol720,

Thank you for recognizing Terrance on TripAdvisor for the service he provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel is perfect for business as its right downtown and connected to the convention center. Also the hotel itself has great decor and is not the typical "convention center" hotel. I had a great stay. There is a shuttle that will take you several locations in the area

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear JennDC28,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

It was nice to read that our location was convenient and you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service we provide for our guest to go to local area attractions and businesses.

Thank you for your high marks on our service. We were recently awarded Hilton Worldwide's 2011 Award of Excellence which is based upon feedback by our guest experiences. While we are proud of this recognition, we will continue to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

Southlake, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Very nice hotel, spacious room. Seemed to be a convention spot - lots of conference rooms, attached to convention center. Staffed concierge room. Close to many restaurants. Only 15 minutes by car from Galleria area. Close to museums and theater district.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Dear VAfrog,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you taking the time to give us such great recognition based on your stay. We are very close to many things the City of Houston has to offer.

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My stay at the Hilton Americas Houston was an absolute pleasure. The entire staff of this property really seems to understand how to treat its guests. With its great location, excellent restaurants and staff, I was very happy with my stay. The rooms are newly renovated and the beds are so comfortable. I would place it my "Top Ten" places to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Discovery Green
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear thaddeus G,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our service driven team and our AAA Four Diamond rated hotel. Our newly renovated guest rooms have sure been a big hit with our guests.

We are honored to be recognized as being one of your “Top Ten” places to stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Just entering the hotel I was amazed by the decor! The chandelier caught my eyes immediately! Iv never been to Houston before and they made sure I knew where to go. Front desk printed out dining and possible entertaining places even though it is a business district. The view from my room was gorgeous. Love seeing the Toyota Center right below me. Rooms are very nice here! Would definately go again! Thanks for the great welcoming!

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Gabrielraz,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor and thank you for recognizing our team.

We hope you enjoyed your first visit to Houston and it is nice to read that you were able to go around and see our city.

Buda, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

How can a hotel next to the convention center be surprised when they are busy with people leaving said convention center? After a day of volleyball at a large tournament we returned to the hotel to find that the wait was at least 90 minutes for for room service. When asked why at least they were honest enough to say they were surprised by the number of requests. Really?

Next time check the schedule of the event at the convention center that you are connected to and have the appropriate staff on hand to handle it. How embarrassing.

The room was adequate but having to drive around downtown Houston looking for food made for a rather poor experience.

Stayed March 2012
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Budamacs,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

We are very sorry for your late night in room dining experience. Overall, the feedback we have received from attendees has been wonderful and they look forward to coming back next year.

Thank you for your response via the TripAdvisor messaging service as well. We are pleased we were able to connect.

We appreciate being the host hotel for Cross Court Volleyball and look forward to another successful program in 2013 and 2014!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Americas-Houston

Been to Hilton Americas - Houston? Share your experiences!