“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 457 Hotels in Houston
United States
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Got stuck in Houston during the ice storm. This place is great! Nice people, brand new facility. Close-ish to the airport with free shuttle, and a pretty good breakfast. Sorry i didnt get to be at the social. The chinese take away they recommended wasn't very good, though.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My trip was prepaid via Priceline, when I checked out the clerk supposedly accidentally credited my card 570.88 for the entire stay so another clerk said they would now have to charge me that 570.88 amount back to zero balance my account. I called the manager after 3 days when the charge posted to my card asking where was my supposedly issued account credit and was told to wait another 3-5 days as they are supposedly showing a credit in their system. I am now 7 days post check out with still no credit showing for the charge on my card. I called the manager twice this morning and she is not there so I had to finally dispute the charge through my credit card company. This trip already started of bad when I got there as Priceline had to call the hotel to place me there as my prior reservation at another property was mysteriously cancelled. I thought this hotel was nice and was happy before this mess but I would rather have stayed in a run down shack motel if they would have at least had their clerks trained to bill correctly. This has been a complete nightmare to top off the other personal issues I have been dealing with the first week of this year. I do not have time to be dealing with their mistakes and if you don't either I would suggest avoiding this property at all cost.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ado B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
On behalf of Staybridge Suites Houston-IAH, please accept my apology for the service you experienced. Your feed back is appreciated and it will be taken into consideration to better service all of our guests.

I was able to post 10,000 IHG rewards point to your account for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind Regards - OM
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My friend and I stayed here whilst in transit to Mexico and decided to stay again on our way home. I contacted a few hotels near the airport and this was the only one that could and would accommodate us for a day as opposed to a night (thank you Mr Ado)! We were also upgraded to a two bedroom room, which was great as we could both have our own room and bathroom. The second room also had two double beds, so this room would be great for a family with a couple of kids. We made use of the free breakfast, wifi and laundry...all fantastic features. Again the shuttle back to the airport was handy too. I would stay at this property again however I'm not sure when I will get back to Houston!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ado B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thanks for the great review. We love getting positive feedback as this helps us to continue to give great service - OM
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very nice hotel, quiet and clean. The rooms are very nice, cozy and the bed comfortable. I love the kitchen with the stove countertop! The breakfast was delicious with a good variety like fruits, eggs, sausages, waffles, tea, coffee and juices. The staff was very nice and the lobby section was a home away from home. The grounds is spacious and there's a pond out front with a jogging trail if you like to run in the mornings. Out back, a nice barbecue section with tables and chairs where you can relax. The only drawback is, if you plan to get around and have children with you, get a car!!!!!! The hotel is close to the airport so it's perfect for layovers or simply if you just want quietness and no bother. The shuttle only does airport runs but they might take you somewhere within a 1-2 mile radius. They couldn't take me to Wal-Mart which was about 5 miles away. Go on route 45 and there's a whole lot to do there and lots of stores and eatery like Chili's and wings and pizza. Be aware that housekeeping is very light on the weekend so if you will need clean stuff in advance, get extras on Friday to hold you over. The internet works great and if you can't log on after you've used it for a while, it's because you need a new password so call the front desk. Also the TV channels are really limited! Overall, a great place to stay depending on your needs. Ideal just like what I said earlier for a private get-a-way or a nearby conference or a business trip where you just want some peace and quietness.

Room Tip: Although close to the airport, on the second floor I wasn't bothered by the noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ado B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review for your stay at our hotel. We look forward having the opportunity to serve you in the future - OM
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was skeptical about staying here given the proximity to the airport, and low price point. Boy, I couldn't have been more mistaken! This property is utterly fantastic. Very close to IAH, outstanding service, and very, very nice rooms.

My room was a queen studio/suite, and nicely decorated. The furnishings looked very new, and certainly more modern than many other larger "regular" hotel chains nearby. I would certainly recommend this hotel over any Marriott, Sheraton, or Hilton nearby --without hesitation.

The bed was super comfortable, I enjoyed the sitting area, and the kitchenette area really made it feel like my own apartment. The lobby is also well appointed and has a fireplace in case you need to warm up on those "chilly" Houston evenings with a drink or two.

I was not able to take advantage of the free breakfast (flight was very early in the AM) so the staff offered to pull some small items (fruit, muffin, etc.) and have them ready for me at check-out to make sure I didn't go hungry.

Highly recommended -- looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ado B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. We really appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you. Thanks again!

Kind Regards,
Anna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We booked a training and made a mistake on our end as to number of attendees. The hotel management and staff went far above service expectations by working diligently to obtain additional tables, chairs and various other accommodations to assure the training was successful and attendees were satisfied and comfortable. I haven't experienced this kind of commitment to service in a long time and can only express gratitude to this kind of standard of excellence.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! It was a pleasure having you and your group with us. I hope we able to serve you guys again.

Regards,

Huey!
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We are regular users of Staybridge Suites but were a bit disappointed with this property. I always look for this brand and it appeared to be a good option for flying into IAH. Very easy to find from the rental car centre but driving towards the hotel we were hoping that the area would improve.
The hotel is a bit isolated with nothing obvious in the immediate vicinity apart from a filling station and Burger King. To reach the hotel while traveling westbound, one appears to have to turn into said filling station.
Staff was friendly at reception. Unfortunately there was a burst water pipe nearby and we had no water for a few hours. Rooms were of the usual high standard and breakfast was good.
Unfortunately the corridors and public places were dirty. I know that they only do housekeeping on request on weekends, but I do think that it is important to keep these areas clean and perform a check. This is the first time that I have seen this in one of these properties.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments as this helps us improve our services. I apologize for any complications during your stay. If your future travels permits we hope to get the opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

Been to Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8? Share your experiences!