“New convenient hotel close to the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #45 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Amsterdam
“New convenient hotel close to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here two nights after we stayed at the Staybridge in El Paso. This is a new hotel about 10-15 minutes from the airport. Location a bit remote but it is not uncommon in the US that you need a car anyway to go to a restaurant or somewhere else. To be honest, I liked the ground floor with the lounge of the El paso Staybridge more than this one in Houston. Especially during breakfast the lounge looks to be a bit small. Also the reception area is quite small,.The breakfast buffet is ok and is included in the price. Airport pickup took about 15-20 minutes after we called, a day later the hotel arranged for a taxi (cost for the hotel) to bring us to the car rental facility. There is no room service at least not in the weekend, unless you ask for it. Room (suite with one bedroom) was convenient, but I also missed here the safe and something to put your luggage on. Walk in shower was convenient.
Certainly a hotel to be recommended with a good price / quality.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ado B, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. Your response will help improve our service and future products. Thank's for sharing your comments with us and we appreciate your feedback. Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

What an excellent choice of place to stay. It is very close to the Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport. The ambiance in terms of quiet reclusiveness was simply overwhelming. The rooms are just perfect for any scenario. It fits well for couple, family, solo, friends or even for any business. I felt as though I was at home. All the appliances and beddings are modern. Breakfast was splendid with a wide variety of food to choose from. The social evening on selected days are very nice to get to know other guests. The staff members at the front desk as you walk in are very warm and welcoming, always ready to help. The place is simply the best. However, I would like to caution anyone who has intentions to do some sight seeing in Houston to rent a vehicle for easy access to other exciting locations such as the Museum, Malls such as the Galleria, the Zoo etc. I just didn't have enough time to discover Houston. I intend to go back and discover more of Houston, preferably with a friend.

Room Tip: Visit when it is hot so as to use the swimming pool. I had no opportunity to use the pool even thoug...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ado B, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to take our survey and giving us the opportunity to accommodate you. I am glad to hear that you got comfortable and felt as if you were at home. We appreciate your feedback and the nice gesture of our GSR associates.
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Houston, right near Intercontinental Airport. The airport is about 3 miles from the airport, and made a great place to stay before a very early morning flight. Staybridge is my preferred chain, and this appeared to be a very new property. The decor is very modern and fits with most of their other properties. I had a very nice 1 bedroom king suite that I found to be very comfortable. I think Staybridge has the best beds, although this one did not have the best pillows. The Wi-Fi was free and super fast, which is always appreciated, and there are plenty of outlets for plugging in gadgets. My only complaint with the room is the lighting. The lighting in the main sitting room was way to bright and harsh, and left the room with a weird "hospital" lighting feeling.
One thing to be aware of is although the location is great for the airport, there are no restaurants right nearby except for Burger King. I drove to a pub at the Holiday Inn a short drive down the road, and they gave a 15% discount off the bill for Stayrbidge guests as well as the Holiday Inn guests.
I will stay here again the next time I am in Houston and continue to choose Staybridge Suites as my hotel chain of choice!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ado B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to take our survey. It was a pleasure having you as our guest at Staybridge Suites Houston IAH. Your feed back is appreciated and we will take your consideration when switching out the light bulb.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Here was my want list: Very clean rooms, comortable beds, 3 beds so we all had our own, a kitchen or at the very least a full size fridge(my son has celiac disease), a pool, and a thermostat that controls temps and not those yucky window/wall units. Ok, I got everyone of these and bonus was that it was a 2 bdrm unit so the kids had their own beds in their own room! Woohoo! That room had a tv, the living room was very comfy and it had it's own TV and the other room had a king size bed with it's own tv. Each room also having a bathroom...another bonus! The beds were super comfortable and very clean...we all had a hard time leaving them. The room #400 smelled new when we opened the door. It was really a fantastic stay. There were a few negatives, not enough to affect my rating though..1) Pool was not heated and it was cold...no hot tub either 2) We were on the top floor(4th) and we could hear the planes heading to the very nearby airport. It didn't bother me at all but it may bother someone else. 3) There was some construction going on next to the hotel and close to the pool area...it was loud and started early. Again, it wasn't something that bothered me but it may be the thing that could ruin someone elses trip. We didn't participate in the breakfast or the weekday dinners but I did see them and they looked fantastic. One night it was pulled pork sandwiches and lots of fresh lettuce for salads. They had beer and wine. Around the clock there was always fresh brewed Wolfgang Puck coffee...light, med and dark roast and it was very good. We didn't want to leave. No one bothered us and I couldn't hear any hallway or other room noise at any point. Absolutely loved it and would stay again!

Room Tip: 400 was perfect for families who need two bedrooms and 3 beds....and I bet even the couch pulls out...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ado B, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you again in Houston at the Staybridge Houston IAH.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a new hotel close to the Houston Bush Intercontential airport. It was completed Aug 2012, and it smells new. Everything is so modern, room is very roomy, common area is first grade in its class. Breakfast was very good, and offer lots of choices. The swimming pool is a good place to spend the afternoon.
They provide storage for long haul, great for people with lots of stuff.
The neighbourhood is still under construction. Gas station and restaurant is nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that offers a view to the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we were able meet your expectations to get to and from the airport. We hope to see you in the future again.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here overnight before catching a cruise in Galveston. The hotel staff was helpful and the studio suite was lovely. We chose it because of the free shuttle service to and from IAH. When I called to arrange pick up, I was told that the driver had not come in and to catch a taxi. The taxi driver refused to come into the hotel for payment, so we paid and the front desk person promptly repaid us. When we were ready to leave the following morning, the hotel arranged for a taxi back to the airport. I felt bad for the hotel. The price was reasonable and they had to spend almost $60 to pay for taxi rides. The location made it difficult to go to a restaurant which called for another round trip taxi ride. Good hotel, but the location has some drawbacks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Western Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand all the high ratings. This is a very average hotel with some good points and some bad points. A rating of 5 is a "wow" to me and this hotel isn't there.

We waited at the airport for awhile and when the shuttle did not arrive I called the hotel. They informed me that they did not hav a shuttle that day and they would pay for a cab. I appreciated that- good resolution.

The staff are very friendly.

The breakfast offering is above average.

I would rate the room as average because there was a broken door handle and cobwebs on the ceiling.

The worst part is the location. If you don't have a car then there aren't any restaurants within walking distance nearby. For this reason I would stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your time and feedback. We will continue to work on the discrepency that you had at the Hotel and we hope you give another opportunity to stay with us. Regards,

Been to Staybridge Suites Houston Iah - Beltway 8? Share your experiences!