“A Birder's Dream” 5 of 5 stars

Denver, Colorado, United States
16 attraction reviews
“A Birder's Dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Edith Moore Sanctuary is a little piece of nature in the city. It is a great area for a nature walk with clear paths, ponds and a creek. There are plenty of benches to sit and enjoy. It is the best area for bird watching. The old cabin has bird feeders that attracted so many birds. I saw 16 different types in an hour. It is hard to find the entrance as it is in a subdivision, so set your GPS and go slow or you will miss it.

Visited February 2014

Rockford, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Not for rainy days”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went on a rainy day. There isn't really much here if the weather isn't nice enough to walk the trails or you aren't in a school group. Finding the entrance is pretty tricky if you don't have a GPS since it's hidden in a subdivision. We'll go back sometime when the sun is shining to see if we like it better. The log cabin is only open for organized activities so we could only peak in the windows, and the gift shop is really more of a wall in the office than a gift shop,

Visited November 2013
“August visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I think that the old saying 'Mad dogs and Englishman go out in the midday sun' is correct in my case.
Mid August and I cycled the 30 minutes from my hotel to the Edith. L. Moore sanctuary and found myself pretty much alone.
Not even the animals were going to brave the heat but that being said I still thoroughly enjoyed my amble around the trails.
I saw quite a few birds flitting about, the usual squirrels and the occasional rabbit so it wasn't a disappointment (although I would have loved to have seen an armadillo).
The highlight was the still pool with its beautiful decking area. I sat and watched hundreds of tiny fish darting around and snapped photos of the lush foliage quite contentedly.
Just before I left I was surprised to see a tortoise just mooching about. I finally had a critter that would stay still long enough for me to get a photo!
I left very happy for the experiance.

Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Beautiful venue and trails easy to find. Wildlife is everywhere for example my friends and I saw 2 armadillos just walking around they didnt even seem bothered by our appereance.

Visited April 2013