“Great place to take the kids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Children's Museum of Houston

Children's Museum of Houston
1500 Binz Street, Houston, TX 77004 (The Museum District)
713-522-1138
Type: Children's Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hands-on interactive exhibits in the areas of science and technology, history and culture, health and human development, and the arts.
Scilla, Italy
“Great place to take the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

If its cold outside and you are tired of the mall, go to the Children's museum, the kids have a great time while they learn. Plus they have a day with free admission. Love it!

Visited January 2013

• Thai first
Sherwood Park, Canada
17 attraction reviews
“Good times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Awesome place. Lots of interactive activities for the kids. Give yourself lots of time here, the kids will love it. It might be hard to get your kids to leave though.

Visited July 2012
“Interesting for adults too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went when all the museums were free. It was very crowded but I still enjoyed myself. I can honestly say that I was just as interested in the exibits as the children were. I definitely want to go again but on a less busy day.

Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“children's museum of Houston”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We made the mistake of going when it was free. To crowded couldn't get to much of anything. Wish we would have gone and paid! Kids had fun looks like if you could get at something you could teach your children a lot.

Visited July 2012
CMHouston80, Public Relations Manager at Children's Museum of Houston, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I am sorry your visit was not what your family expected. During Free Family Night Thursdays, it is our goal to serve as many families as possible but it is also our intent to provide an enjoyable time to all of our visitors. We appreciate the concern you felt with the number of children in attendance and I apologize for the unpleasant visit you experienced as a result. We do make every attempt to schedule large groups to avoid overcrowding.

It may also be helpful to know that groups are normally out of the museum by 2:00 p.m. each day and that things generally quiet down after that time. The best times to avoid crowds during the week would be after 3:00 pm (except Thursdays as these are free Family Nights and tend to be extremely busy) and groups are not scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. We also open every Monday during the summer and the 2nd Saturday of each month an hour early for members only.
League City, Texas
19 attraction reviews
“My favorite place to take the 12 and under crowd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've spent many days here with my children and always had so much fun. There is always something interesting for them to do and I think I have as much fun as the kids.