The room was spacious, clean and nice. They have a nice breakfast downstairs and I would have given it higher ratings except for a couple of things:
1) Parking was posted as $20 per night - i hate this - just add it to my room fee and don't remind me every time I have to get the valet (& tip them) to get my car. I'm not cheap but I don't like to always have to have cash out to tip, time to call and get a car out, etc. (also ties into #2)
2) I know this isn't the hotels fault but coming out (even in the morning) there were homeless or 'other wanderers' outside. You had to have your key out to buzz into the lobby. But what WAS the hotel staff's fault was that they didn't tell us that from the INSIDE of the hotel on our floor (6th) and maybe other floors??) we could go from the Marriott Residence into the Marriott regular hotel and pick up our car and use the Marriott's little Bistro. We had to figure this out for ourselves (unfortunately on the LAST night there!). :( Previous nights, we would drop the car and walk about 1/2 a block to be buzzed into the lobby--we could have gone directly into the door by the valet and been 'safely' inside. This is a must know for all guests!
And finally a rather odd occurrence #3) For some unknown reason hotel staff allowed 5 or 6 drunken hotel guests the use of the outdoor jacuzzi (surrounded by 3 sides of hotel rooms) at 3:30 AM. Their talking, laughter and splashing echoed along the walls to where it woke me up on the 6th floor. It went on for an hour or so before it stopped...?!
Now with all that said...I would return to this hotel as the room was neat and clean and the hotel is in a good location for downtown...and more importantly, I broke the code of basic hotel safety of maneuvering through the valet parking to the Residence Hotel using the inside passage. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Houston Downtown/Convention Center is located in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of Minute Maid Park, the George R. Brown Convention Center, and the Theater District. This great location also provides a quick commute to NRG Stadium, Toyota Center, and the Museum District on the Metro Light Rail. The spacious suites are 50% larger than standard hotel rooms, and are highlighted by separate living and sleeping areas, HD TVs, fully-equipped kitchens, and newly-renovated bathrooms. Extended stay guests will enjoy thoughtful amenities including valet and self-parking, a free downtown shuttle, and a complimentary breakfast buffet offering a selection of hearty oatmeal, scrambled eggs, and freshly-made Belgian waffles. Maintain your active lifestyle with a workout in the newly-renovated fitness center, and the heated outdoor pool and whirlpool provide the ideal atmosphere for a relaxing afternoon in the sun. The Residence Inn Houston Downtown/Convention Center has the perfect combination of location and amenities to make it one of the top downtown hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn Houston Downtown / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Houston Residence Inn