“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #195 of 468 Hotels in Houston
netherlands
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

good hotel near all major highways great place to stay nice pool good breakfast enough parking space beds where good big room.i certainly will stay there again when i am in the area a lot of things to do arround houston dont forget the Nasa spacecenter while you are in houston a lot of good restaurants in that area

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
edgarcia79, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments.

We are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again.

I hope you come back soon and often.

Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Allen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the 7th floor so had no problem with parking lights or road noise. The only thing we heard were the occasional fire truck. Clean and simple. Good breakfasts. Beds were a little hard. Just a traditional HI Express.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
edgarcia79, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We like to know that our guest enjoyed their stay. We strive to make sure that every stay if wonderful for our guest. It is comments like this that help us focus on what our guest want and need. Because you are what makes our jobs possible.

Thanks.
koolchic_1
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

After seeing the reviews from others, I made sure to get a room on the back side of the hotel. While I didn't hear the highway traffic, I had a bright light right outside my room which was annoying. Also, the air conditioner never turned off. To keep the room cool, you would hear the loud AC all night. If you turn it off, it's stuff and hot. The insulation between the rooms is non-existant as not only could I hear the people above me walking around, I could hear the people on one side of me every time they used the bathroom. The bed and pillows were horrible. I have a pain in my neck from trying to find a comfortable position with these pillows. I travel almost every week and I am used to sleeping on different styles of beds and pillows and can adjust very easily but not here. I was supposed to stay 2 nights but cut it short to one because of the horrible conditions with the bed, AC and noise.
The furniture was in good condition and the front desk woman was pleasant...the hotel stay was just not restful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear koolchic_1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and furniture.

However, We’re sorry about the air conditioning and for the bed. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Other than the location, I had no problem with my stay at this hotel. Good price, breakfast was not bad, and the rooms were clean. Can't ask for much more than that. My parents enjoyed their stay here, as well.

• Stayed January 2013
edgarcia79, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry that the location may have been either difficult to find or to get to. Although by the sounds you of it I'm glad that your stay was not all bad. I hope that if you ever in the area again that you will visit once again. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel was good. It was clean and staff was friendly.

I was happy to see how brightly lit the parking lot was until I realized that placement and brightness of the lighting affected my sleep. The large amount of light seeping in around the curtains made it look that the sun had risen and negatively affected my sleep. I was on the 3rd floor, north side of the hallway, 3 or 4 rooms from the west end of the building. This made me downgrade from a 4 to a 3 in the rating.

Other people with my company who stayed there did not have this issue. It must have been the placement of my room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
C_MaddenHouston, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to comment on your stay. Our rooms do have blackout shades which is usually enough to lower contain the light.
Del Rio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Centrally located and convenient location just off the Katy Freeway. Prices are reasonable considering the location. It is easy to get to local attractions. Memorial Park is a 10-15 minute walk, or a 5 minute drive, away, which is plus--a great place to go for a run.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a LA Fitness across the street you can use for free as a hotel guest--a nice feature not advertised on the hotel website. The availability of guest washers and dryers on the 3rd and 5th floor is also a helpful convenience.

Negatives: not much in the way of dining options within walking distance, unless you like Jack in the Box. Even though my room was on the top floor of the hotel, I could hear freeway traffic throughout the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Being so close to Memorial Park is nice especially when the Festivals start in the summer.
We have lots of guest that enjoy the LA Fitness especially the great saunas they have.
Although we have sound proof windows and concrete all around. Being off of one of the most major freeways in Houston does sometimes provide an issue. We are lucky that within two to three blocks more restaurants have been built. We also have a few places that deliver as well. I hope that you stay again and give you a chance to explore the area more.
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express motel is on the Katy Freeway, near Houston's Texas-sized Memorial Park. We've stayed there twice, both in December, three years apart and it was a fine place to say both times. The location is excellent, out of the intensely crowded Galleria area but close enough to all the places you want to visit in Houston.
The hotel is superbly well maintained with the furniture and equipment showing no signs of wear after three years' use. Despite its proximity to the busy Katy Freeway, the rooms are amazingly quiet. The fitness center is small for a six-story hotel but the equipment is in excellent condition.
The only less than five-star feature was a relatively limited breakfast choice which was probably due to the Christmas holiday rush.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Houston? Share your experiences!