“Charged twice!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #196 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Austin
“Charged twice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel on business. When we checked in we paid in cash, but they insisted it was company policy to still have a card on file (as many do).

BUT even though we already paid, they charged my card as well! Saying it was a "pending" transaction that would clear. Well, with daily effort talking to rude employees and managers, I was FINALLY returned my money TWO WEEKS later.

Had I not noticed, they would have stolen my money happily. The fact that they tried to justify the fact that they charged me for two nights when I stayed for one night was insane.

Besides the horrible money issue, hotel quality was great.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Kelti R,

I would like to thank you on your review. We are sorry that you had problems with the charges. We have spoken to our staff in making sure that we are not pulling a full authorization on cards when our guests are paying cash .We continue to work on issues.Hope that you will give us a second chance.

Griselda Hernandez
Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
lafayette,la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

everything was great, I visited the website and read reviews before going, and I would like to say everyone has their own opinion due to their personality. I had a pleasent stay and I would go back there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Farmingdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

This hotel was conveniently located off the freeway. The rooms were well maintained and the front desk was very attentive. The breakfast staff kept pace with the crowd and was clean. The parking area was large enough to handle the number of guests and safe. I did not use the pool but it looked well maintained. This was my second stay at this hotel and I will gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the highway...if you don't sleep well with traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear MarkyMarkGA,

Thank you for staying with us again and leaving us a review. We are so pleased you like our location. We look forward in having you stay with us in the future.

Sincerely
Griselda Hernandez
Front Office Supervisor
Waxahachie, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Normally, my stay here is great but this time due to the room I had it was less than desirable. I had room 215 and the noise comming from the mechanical room next door was non stop. It would wind down and start up again like an airplane engine. Then it would just run constantly. I had to take a sleeping pill to get any sleep. Next time I will go somewhere else rather than have to sleep in that room. I cannot believe something cannot be done to stop the noise. I come down to Houston every couple of months now and this Hotel is close to our office so I would like to continue to stay there.
Hope something is done.

Room Tip: Don't pick the east end rooms!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Glen G,

Thank you for staying with us again and leaving us a review. I am pleased you like the convenient location of our hotel as well as our clean and comfortable room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry for any inconvenience the noise from our mechanical room caused you during your stay. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Have stayed at several HI Exp: Jacksonville, Florida, San Francisco and Houston. All have been good. This Houston property exceeded expectations. Every staff member was professional, pleasant, helpful and went out of their way to make sure we received excellent service.

Room Tip: The property faces frontage road for I 10 (Katy Freeway). Rooms on south side quieter. Face an area...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thanks for your kind words.

We are thankful for the staff that I have here. They show me everyday that they love our guest and work hard. No matter what training we do my staff has showen me that they will continue to meet and excede my expectations for cutomer service. I will pass on the good words to our staff and again thanks for these kind words.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed for 4 days, the rooms was spacious and nicely cleaned. The breakfast I found excellent with a nice selection from pancakes, bagel, muffin, bread, yogurt, cereal, milks, eggs, sausages, buscuit, bacon to a nice selection of teas & juice-very complete. The staff is friendly and very attentive. Location was great with easy access to freeway only 10 mins to Galleria Mall and 15 to Downtown.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words.

We are glad that our guest enjoy our breakfast. We have struggled so much to get a good varity that everyone likes. Most guest love our Cinnamon rolls and our one button Pancake machine. On Fridays my family would make a tradition of getting donuts and kolaches to enjoy. I brought that experiance here every Friday we have donuts and kolaches to enjoy with all our guest. We hope you come back soon and enjoy another stay with us.
Shanghai China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've stay here twice when biz trip in Houston. The hotel is close to freeway. It is also not far away from Galleria with proper room rate. The parking area is not small. The front desk always help customer on what they need. The room is well cleaned and the AC is in good condition.
The only concern is the room close to the Katy freeway side is a little big noise than opposite side.

Room Tip: You'd better to select the side opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the kind words. We love when our guest enjoy our property as much as we enjoy working here. We strive to make everything better for our guest. Unfortantly yes we are rather close to the Katy Freeway (I-10). We understand for some this is a bother although we have several guest that enjoy the view and the sounds of the freeway. We are constantly striving for our guest to enjoy their stay. With that being said if any of our guest ever have issues with the sound we urge them to talk to the front desk and we will do everything in our power to make sure they get a good room that they can enjoy.
Thanks again for the great comments and hope you come and visit again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Houston? Share your experiences!