“Best Brazillian Steakhouse in town!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7,726 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, Barbecue, Argentinean, South American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas, United States
“Best Brazillian Steakhouse in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I say "Best Brazilian Steakhouse in town but I'll be honest, they're not that much better than Fogo or Tradicao... I gave them the title best simply because I like the ambiance there and I think they have the best cheese bread! All in all though you can't go wrong with either Brazilian steakhouses that are located in Houston as they are all for the most part about the same. They all good servers who promptly bring the specialty meats and they have fairly similar salad bars! Good restaurant and worth the visit!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank ZexSwain

Atlanta
“Good Qaulity Brazilian Steak House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The quality of the meats and poultry served is a step above Fogo de Chou. Their did not seem to be as much variety of meats as Fago, but the quality. The sausages were outstanding. Of course the salad bar is always an experience. Great Service!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Dealmaker
Ankara, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service, a lot of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been to two other Brazilian steakhouses (both in Salt Lake), and this is by far the best. Food quality on the salad bar was awesome and the there were about 40 choices. My wife does not likes lot of meat and was very happy the salad bar was s well stocked. The meat starts coming and everything they brought was outstanding! The servers were very knowledgable and offered to accommodate my daughter's food allergies. The dining room was full, but no less than 4 people repeatedly checked on each member of our party (in an unobtrusive way) to make sure we had what we needed and were having a good time. The price was about $50.00 per person, but we were celebrating my daughter's birthday so I did not mind and felt like I was getting my monies worth. We have a Chama Gaucha in San Antonio and we will definitely try it out. Highly recommend this restaurant. Enjoy!

Dallas, Texas
“Doesn't top Fogo de Chao”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We decided to try something other than Fogo de Chao for husband's birthday, as he wanted Brazilian food, gaucho style. Seeing good reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to try. Very courteous, very good service, it just didn't top our expectations. We expected more authenticity, better food, but were somewhat disappointed. The cheesebreads weren't better, just bulkier. The meats weren't better, just more grizzle and fat on them. The salad bar was similar (replica) of Fogo de Chao, so no complaints there. The service was good. The locale and the ambiance was very "barn like", not elegant or stylish as we hoped. It's clean and OK, but the price is the same as Fogo de Chao.

All in all, average, but still has a long way to go until it reaches the class of Fogo de Chao.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank KontessaT
Boulder, Colorado
“Great service - Rest average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The place looks stunning from the outside...the staff is very motivated and there seems to be a manager or owner roaming around as well. Everybody has a very good and friendly attitude...so they must be doing something right. Here the mediocre part. I found the salad bar and meat average at best. I think there are competitors on Westheimer , who are much better. The atmosphere inside is kind of lame as well... just a long large room with high ceiling. This place seems to be more reasonable priced , however. Nut much...but they are. I gave it 4 stars for the friendliness...Great for large groups and business.

• Visited January 2013