“Magnolia: classy and very reasonably priced.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
$30 off our best rates
Ranked #18 of 455 Hotels in Houston
New York City
“Magnolia: classy and very reasonably priced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I stayed at the Magnolia for two nights in Houston for a business meeting. The hotel was very attractive and the price was great. Rooms were large and comfortably appointed. I would definitely return. I forgot toothpaste, and I was ever so slightly disappointed that I had to return to the front desk to pick up a free tube; however, given the price we paid, I happily accept this compromise in the level of service.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

We couldn't have asked for a better weekend in Houston and this hotel really helped. Great location to many things and we loved the car service to local stops too far to walk. ALL employees were helpful and considerate...the decor is phenomenal and artwork is fantastic. Many of which I would love to have in my personal collection! Breakfast in am was generous and tasty...excellent coffee! Sorry they did not have a "gift shop" for small amenities, but there was a shop not too far from hotel to get anything you might have forgotten. All in all, it was a great experience!!!

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Magnolia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

Check in was simple. Accommodations were pleasant. Staff was courteous and perks (buffet breakfast) very nice. I appreciated the art and interior design. Much to look at and enjoy.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I went for a convention. this hotel has NO shuttle to or from the convention or airport. be prepaired to pay $56.00 EACH WAY to get to the airport. I had to walk to the convention ctr. everyday. we were told by the bar tender that to get any food it would be 1.5 hr wait to even take our order. apparently they were too busy to even take our order. The 1st night we ordered room service. 1 hamburger, 1 club sandwich. $47.00 that was including a 21% gratuity and tax they added plus a room service charge. the room was nice and the bathroom was also nice with a large soaking tub. but the overall experience left me feeling raped.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

My DH and I recently stayed in one of their suites for a Saturday night downtown. The lobby was cozy and the front desk efficient. The complimentary happy hour was a nice touch to start off our evening. We also took advantage of their shuttle service to get to a Rockets game - again great service and very nice driver. Their breakfast the next morning was hot and a perfect top off to our stay. We will definitely come here again and would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Missouri City, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We had a delightful stay at the Magnolia and would hope to return soon. It is so fun to stay in downtown Houston and enjoy the restaurants, clubs and theatres. Additionally when you are in a hotel that takes care of your every need you have put the icing on the cake for a great weekend get away.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

Worth the money I paid, but since I got in on a special I'm not sure I would be willing to pay the full rate.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Magnolia Hotel Houston? Share your experiences!