“Go for the brunch on the weekends, thank me later” 5 of 5 stars

218 Travis Street, Historic Market Square, Houston, TX 77002
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hearsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 7,487 Restaurants in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Congress
HOUSTON
“Go for the brunch on the weekends, thank me later”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hearsay is one of those places that if you walk by or didn't know any better, you'd swear it was a hipster mecca. Not even a little bit. When you walk in you can tell this is a place with history. From the 3 story tall ceiling (which you can see all the way up because it's only a story and a half's worth of seating) to the long bar, this is a place that you want to sit and enjoy. We always come here on the weekends for their amazing brunch. They serve fantastic food, great cocktails and the servers are always extremely pleasant (even if they're so busy they take a little while to get to you). I initially wanted to come here when I read they had chicken and waffles. Having spent a large portion of my life in Florida and Georgia, I know good c&w. And Hearsay is the real deal. They infuse Vanilla into a light, tender waffle and top it with a delicious, savory chicken breast (with not a lot of batter on the chicken btw). It's simply the best thing to have for breakfast. Anywhere. But lest you think this is only about the food, they are serving up some of the finest whiskey and rum cocktails anywhere in Houston. I love the Jacketed in Barbados, the Blood & Sand and the Topless in Barbados. All 3 are delicious. Be prepared to wait if you don't have a reservation as they do fill up.

Oh, they also have some of the best Spanish guitarists I've ever heard and they play every weekend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“WORTH YOUR TIME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited Hearsay with a group of friends and truly loved it. The atmosphere is adorable. The food was spectacular. They have GREAT drinks. I would recomend this for either an evening out with friends or a date night!

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great drinks and food in a beautiful and historic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My favorite place when I am downtown. Great place to go to before an Astros game, play, or just on a night out. My personal favorite drinks are the modern man and whiskey and cigarettes (somehow good even though it tastes exactly like the name).

Visited May 2013
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Loved the cocktails and the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We came Saturday late afternoon and had a wonderful time. My boyfriend and I loved all the unique cocktails! We also had the cerviche and appetizer plate. Both were excellent. The place is beautiful! One of our new favorites!

Visited July 2013
“Nice space in downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Been for lunch and dinner and enjoyed both times. The space in the retaurant is nice and the food good.

Visited February 2013