“Older hotel, odd layout, not a great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest

You added Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2828 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77098-4502 (Greenway/ Upper Kirby)   |
Ranked #233 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Los Angeles, California
“Older hotel, odd layout, not a great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Business travel to downtown but didn't want to pay downtown rates so I stayed here.

The hotel is older, the rooms are recent remodels but the layout is pretty dated. It's on the side of a highway but you can't hear it at least on my side of the building.

Tips for those who travel here: decent food can be had in the restaurants south of the highway, but if you stay north of the highway there is little to nothing.

There are no convenience stores or anything within walking distance of the hotel.

The small size of the parking lot didn't seem like it could fit the number of cars if the hotel was fully booked.

Overall the service was ok, once you realize the dining options, the location seems less odd, but truthfully the galleria hotels are really not that much further away.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Delaware, OH, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I made reservations two months in advance. When I got my credit card bill, I was amazed to see that they had immediately charged me the full amount of my stay. I called them to complain and they just said "it is the deposit". No other hotel in my life has ever done this. How can they get away with this?

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Robert D,
We apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion with the deposit charge you received. It is possible you chose to book a rate for your stay that was an advance purchase in which case a deposit of 1 nights stay is charged in advance of your arrival to hold your room. This is detailed in the terms and conditions when you booked your stay. If you did not book your stay under this type of rate, please feel free to contact our General Manager so we may resolve this issue for you or provide further clarity, his email is josh.friedman@fourpointshouston.com. Again we apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused, or if we did not make this clear when you were booking your stay.
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton SW Houston from August 14-17, 2013. I think a two-rating is generous for this hotel. We stayed on the 5th floor and the room was was downright spartan(no hook for clothes or rod near shower for towels), the sink drained extremely slow and the bathroom needed a good cleaning. (don't forget to scrub the light switch!!) The low ceiling sections in the bathroom and dressing area needed replacing and the metal grids were rusted and worn in several sections. Also during the second night, the fire alarm went off 3 times around 12am, 2:30am, and 4am....a classy move would've been to reimbursed a large amount of the cost of that nights cost to those on the 5th floor.(They could still do this) The photos of the room online, definitely did not represent the actual rooms at all. This is a Sheraton? Not a good representation for the Sheraton name, I will avoid it in the future and advise my friends to do the same.

Room Tip: Do not choose a price option that make it unable to refuse the room and find another hotel without p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Doreen M,
We are disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay at our hotel and that you were not satisfied with our hotel accommodations. We truly apologize for the disturbances you experienced in your room and for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay. I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel management team so we may address your feedback moving forward and improve our hotel and services.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My stay at the Four Points was better than I could have imagined. The room was clean and comfortable. It was updated and modern. The staff, especially the manager, were extremely helpful. The hotel was convenient to the convention center. I found nearly amenities that I needed. There was a work out room and pool. The breakfast was delicious and very reasonable. There were made to order omelets, fresh baked breads, cereals, etc. They had cookies in the evening, and bottled water. Each day I received a newspaper. I was one happy traveler. Also, when the staff discovered I was SPG gold they generously upgraded my room. I will return.

Room Tip: Make sure you let them know at check that you are spg.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Naplestravelers,
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back in the near future!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I realize this isn't the St. Regis of the Starwood group, but it was lacking far too much regardless.

One of the things that is most - if not THE most - important to me is cleanliness of the rooms. Most things I can manage and deal with and this wasn't very clean. Not horrible, but not what I was expecting. Stains on the desk, closet not vacuumed, curtains looked rough, grout in the shower looking dingy, and there were plenty of water-stained ceiling tiles in the hallways.

Location - pretty convenient, but nothing to walk to whatsoever and right on the highway.

I also had to move rooms because my A/C was broken. Houston is pretty tough in August with no A/C...

The saving grace was the staff - all helpful, attentive, and friendly.

However, I will not be staying here again. If you're on a budget, you won't be too disappointed (I've been there). If you have the means, you might consider other options.

Room Tip: Choose a Lowe floor in the summer - the HVAC guy told me that part of the reason my room was so hot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear MMas9,. Thank you for taking the time to share your sentiments of our hotel with us. While we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly and accommodating staff, we are disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered in your guest room. It is very important to use that we provide our guests with clean and comfortable accommodations, so we understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay. I have passed your feedback along to the hotel management team, but if you would like to discuss anything in further detail, please don't hesitate to contact our General manager, Josh Friedman, via email at Josh.friedman@fourpointshouston.com.
Dallas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

For a contemporary property like Four Points, this hotel feels old. The air conditioners are LOUD. The bathrooms are as small as can even be imagined. But the location in Upper Kirby is great for business travelers and the price is right on. Be prepared to fight for a seat at breakfast, as it is seriously understaffed. Also be prepared to get lost looking for your room every time you step off the elevator or go to the ice machine, the building is 3 sided. Seriously.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Erik K,
Thanks for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed certain aspects of our hotel however apologize for any issues you encountered otherwise during your stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
SSouth Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Despite some negative experiences posted by others, my stay at this hotel was the exception. I travelled to Houston as part of a wedding party and originally made reservations to an extended stay hotel, but I switched due to the hotel being the meeting point for the groomsmen. I am a blind individual with a guide dog, our stay at this hotel was generally great. Keep in mind only service animals are allowed as they are trained to respect the property they and owner stay in. Upon check in, the hotel resembles that of a 4-5 star hotel, modern and what I could notice good lighting configuration to assess where I am in the hotel. I was given a disabled equipped room on the 6th floor which was clean and in working order. The staff was friendly, and luckily a dog friendly park is located behind the hotel to give my dog a break from guide work. Major points to note about my stay:

Pros
* Clean and larger than a typical hotel room.
* Easily accessible elevators.
* Secure, door key cards are easily read by placing on reader, not a slot.
* Numerous and easily accessible electric outlets around desk area.
* Gym and pool located on premises, great alternative to expensive gyms.
* Courteous staff, concerns resolved quickly.
* Great central location and park nearby. Traffic was not a concern for me, but found the view of an adult boutique from the room view amusing.
* Well lit room.
* Plentiful and clean towels provided.
* A/C cooled extremely well, easily accessible thermostat controls.
* Complimentary bottled water after room serviced.
* Nice view of the city and highway.
* Guide dog friendly.

Cons
* For extended stay arrangement, needed to have key card renewed twice.
* Breakfast not complimentary, but considering the fare generally unhealthy, I personally did well with supplements after a workout.
* Water pressure from shower was low, necessitating a longer time to use it.

Generally a great stay, a better alternative to typical hotels, I would recommend to other guide dog users the benefits of staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear jess1008,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments on our hotel with us. We are pleased we were able to meet your needs during your stay and that you enjoyed our hotel for the most part. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest? Share your experiences!