“Worst hotel ever....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Suites Of Westchase

Sun Suites Of Westchase
You added Sun Suites Of Westchase to your Saves list
Sun Suites Of Westchase
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 West Sam Houston Pkwy S, Houston, TX 77042 (Westchase)   |
Ranked #219 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Cancun, Mexico
“Worst hotel ever....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

No front desk service at night, my key didnt open the door when i came back at 2 am, i stayed outside the room till 7:45 am because the manager assistant at the front desk didnt show up at 7 am even there is a sign that says the hours of operation are from 7 AM to 9 PM. It was a Thursday morning.

The only thing that kept me awake was the couple that fighted all night long at the parking lot, it made my waiting a little less boring.

It was my first and my last time to stay at this chain of Hotels or suites or whatever it is.

Room Tip: Yes, if you want a good room, choose another hotel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

good staff service, make you feel at home they even get you a good rental car clean rooms laundry room safe and close to everything great staff ill to help you and make you feel welcome. Is very affordable prices great space the TV sets need to be upgrades very comfortable and quiet perfect place to rest after a hard day with the family close to the airport talk to the staff they are willing to help you with any question you may have.

Room Tip: rooms in the south side are quieter, big and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Big Spring, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hotel staff particularly Ms. Beatrez and Ms. Carolina work very hard and always customer oriented ..wish you all the best for good professional life.

Hotel Management is working on to upgrade rooms and are planning to come up with schemes for customer's benefit.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel & Staff run this place like a "Rooming-House"!!! I've stayed here more than 5 times, for business and the service has NOT improved. They do not have a consistent DAILY room cleaning/linen exchange process, plus the internet connection is INTERMITTENT & VERY SLOW. The rooms are decent for the price, but General Customer Service that you would expect from a hotel/motel/extended stay front desk staff is completely absent!!!
(Very Frustrating)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had an experience with the Houston, Texas (12010 kuykendahl rd) sun suites on 22 December 2012 to never forget. This is a horrible establishment that does not care about its customers nor the quality of service they provide. I should have known something was wrong when I got checked in by the security guard, but I was tired from driving from Mississippi. I am a department of the army employee traveling on official orders from the army from MISSISSIPPI to san Antonio Texas. I got sleepy and decided to stop at the nearest hotel. I seen sun suites and jumped off the highway. biggest mistake of my life!!!!!!!!...I went in to see about a vacancy. Upon entering I noticed the security guard was the front desk clerk (sign number 1). I was too tired to see the obvious. Anyway, I got checked in, and went to my room on the 3rd floor. As I walked to my room, I climbed the stairs to the 2nd floor, and noticed what I believed to be a big cat wandering thru the hallways. It was dark so I didn't get a great look, but I just assumed that since this was a hotel, it was probably a stray cat. It was a very large cat though, but yet, I still paid it no mind. Later on in the story, you will find out that was not a cat at all. so.....Upon entering, I noticed that it wreaked of a bad smell and the floor was dirty), other than the cigarette smoke that usually accompanies a smoking room. Again, im exausted, so i was willing to deal with it for 5 or 6 hours until I woke...Went to take a shower, and noticed the shower had roaches in the tub. I decided against the shower simply because I knew I just needed rest. I pulled the covers back on the bed, and noticed the sheets were not clean at all. They were dingy, and had all kinds of marks on them (i have pictures)....i decided again that if I just laid on the brown blanket, and just used the outer sheets to cover up with, I should be okay for 5 hours because I have slept in the ditches of Iraq and Afghanistan with no problems, so I could do this easily right???...wrong.....bad move!!. I woke up to an itching sensation on my legs, which was the only parts of my body touching the dirty sheets. I pull the sheets back, and everywhere the sheets had touched my legs, a rash had spread. It was very red and irritated (I have pictures), so I decided to call the front desk to let them know. The security guard answers the phone, and I explain my issue. She takes down notes, and then offers me a new room, that would be clean upon her going in and verifying this fact. I decided at that point that again, all I needed was a few hours of sleep, then I could wake up and get my journey over with. I pack up my military travel bag and all my electronics to be placed in my car (remember I was on the 3rd floor rm 333). upon opening my door and heading left to the stairwell, I noticed a man feeding what I believed to be the cat. Upon a closer observation , I noticed that the person was a hotel customer staying at the end of the hallway right by the stairwell (a regular at this establishment as he stated, and he was dirty and filthy as well, so it made sense), and he was NOT feeding a large cat like I believed...it was actually one of the biggest raccoons that I had ever seen in my life. This was the nail in the coffin for me as I thought to myself, "I have never seen a raccoon or any other type of wildlife at any other establishment that I have stayed at before, and this was just unacceptable and poor to me", as I have standards of where I want to lay my head. I even asked the customer feeding the wildlife to please pose for some pictures, and he politely did so.(nice guy by the way)...I get down to the front office after having to pass the raccoon and the customer a few more times to retrieve my military issued things ( the raccoon was hissing at me by this time because he was scared of me coming towards him with all of my gear and I was interrupting his dinner). I tell the security guard/front desk clerk (nice lady by the way) about my additional experience with the wildlife adding to my experience with the itching sensation and dirty room...I told her that the raccoon pushed me over the edge and that a new room would not be sufficient as I was getting the feeling that I was not at a clean, customer service first facility, that could control what kind of customers, or wildlife for that matter, that they did business with. I never judge people, but this was not a good experience at all. I explained to the young lady at the desk that I had stayed everywhere from the Marriott to the motel 6, and I had never had an experience like this ever. I told her that I did not want another room...all I wanted was my money back. She stated she could not return my money at all, and that I would have to contact a manager in order to "discuss" other options, but a refund was definitly out of the question, as it was against policy. I decided not to argue, and just left with the information I needed to be able to call the "general manager" about my refund. I had to use another 60 bucks to check into somewhere else in order to get my 5 hours of sleep. I was given a number of 281-461-5363 to call in the morning and speak with the GM...The person that controls this never responded after 9 calls and messages. Bottom line is i would never stay or refer anyone to this place ever again in life, even if i was about to die!!!!!!!!. It struck me as trashy, dirty, and they had wildlife running across the facility that could harm you if you were not careful. I'm just glad I did not have my family with me to witness this poor experience. I still have not received a call from anyone to even discuss a possible refund, nor do I think I will hear from anyone, cuz that’s what type of place this is. They do not care about the customer nor the experience. I had to go the military hospital to make sure I was not infected by anything from those sheets. Again, I had the worst experience ever at this place, and it should be closed and knocked down for safety issues!!!!!!!!

SIGNED

JERRY ACHAN

DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY!!!!!!

Jerry Achan

Dept of Quality Services

Credentialing Assistant

Phone: 210-916-5398

Fax: 210-916-5102

email- Jerry.Achan@Amedd.Army.Mil

cell - 210-638-8513

Room Tip: never stay here 12010 kuykendahl rd houston tx 77067
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We moved here from Memphis. We were greeted by Betty the manager. She was extremely nice and professional. The cleaning lady Alba went above and beyond her duties. Its no wonder they stay booked! When you add Bettie the manager with her well trained staff, it makes for a winning team. I've been here for two plus months and my wife and I love it. Truly a five star stay in everyway. The price is incredible hconsidering it has a full size fridge and stove top. Thank you Betty. Thank you Alba. Thanks to all the wonderful staff at sun suites. I would recommend it to all my friends without hesitation, I would have to say one of my best ever experiences. Thank You! Greg and Alana C.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Best service ever,I have NO complaints about anything. Location is great, very clean rooms and receptionist very polite and helpful. I'm really looking forward on coming back on my next visit. Thank you so much.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Sun Suites Of Westchase? Share your experiences!