(1) free wi-fi with decent strength
(2) expanded cable with 3 HBOs
(3) room includes alarm clock, full size fridge, two range cooktop, microwave, two sets of dishes and silverware (no cookware though), a coffeepot, hairdryer, iron and ironing board.
(4) The A/C worked well
(5) decent tap water
(6) onsite coin-op laundry
(8) Elle (night security girl) and Pedro (maintenance)
The BAD, UGLY AND WORST:
(1) Difficult check in even when paying cash: you cannot check in after 8pm at ALL if you dont have a prepaid reservation!
(2) The bedroom furnishings are all OLD!! Broken, torn, chipped and several noticeable layers of paint. Even the television is a 15 yr old big box style.
(3) Absolutely no local network channels (i.e. ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX or even PBS)
(4) Overflowing trash piles by the stairs (extended staying guests have to bag up and carry their own trash out and ask at front desk for any coffee, fresh linens or towels!)
(5) Incredibly loud! Road traffic from interstate and highway as well as walls and ceiling/floors being thin. Even though the hotel had barely half capacity, it seems they bunch the guests together.
(6) The ROACHES and other misc crawlies!! They did come spray my room the first time but this didnt help. When I asked to be moved a day and a half later, I was told they "would have to get back to me." Of course, NOTHING happened! I was even asked if I was sure I wasnt leaving food out...as if to suggest Im just inviting them over to hang out or something!!!
(7) ATROCIOUS customer service!!! The Asst Gen Mngr and the Gen Mngr both work at the desk so......no help there! The first rule of any cust. serv. job is NEVER start by telling a customer what you CANT do! When have you ever went or called in anywhere and heard "Hi! How may I NOT help you today?!"
Needless to say, even after a five to six day stay, I wasnt offered anything except excuses at Sun Suites and made reservations somewhere else for the next two weeks of our stay!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.