“Amazing steal at Sun Suites!” 5 of 5 stars

Sun Suites of Houston-Hobby Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12485 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77034   |
Ranked #263 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Amazing steal at Sun Suites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I recently moved from my previous residence and wasn't sure where to go. I saw Sun Suites while traveling between Houston and Galveston County and decided to check it out. From first walking into the office, Jacob and Cranita were incredibly welcoming and pleasant. They first allowed me to view the suite I was interested in (which you hardly ever get to do at other extended stay places), and I was very satisfied. I expected a very high rate per month but was astonished to find it was less than half of what I thought it would be! I have been extremely satisfied with my stay and would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling between Houston and Galveston. It's a great area with everything you need and each room comes with awesome internet and cable. Definitely a steal with a friendly face!

Room Tip: Ask about the king suites
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
SunSuitesHobby, Front Office Manager at Sun Suites of Houston-Hobby Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and if there is anything the staff or management can do for you please feel free to stop by the office. Also, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review on the Hobby Staff. We are so glad to have you apart of our property.

Thanks Again

Cranita L. Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

i was displaced from home and since ive been here, the service has been above average. Crenita, Kerrie, Grace, Jacob, Woodrow, and Roger are all very polite. The entire staff is humble, and understanding. If you're taking a trip, i would recommend the sun suites of hobby every time.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side on the thiird floor have a perfect view of the interstate
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
SunSuitesHobby, General Manager at Sun Suites of Houston-Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
First let me start by saying Thank You so much for being apart of our hotel. I"m really pleased to know that the staff have helped you in every way. PMG stands high on customer service and we are very happy that you are happy. Thanks again for your comments towards the staff and anything we can do to make your stay better let us know.

Thanks

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011 via mobile

Me And my small family stayed there while visiting kemah, it was homely. The staff was extremely helpful. I had accidentally booked my reservation for the wrong date and they help me fix it. It was easy to find and the room was ok. We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011
SunSuitesHobby, Front Office Manager at Sun Suites of Houston-Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
I would like to take the time to say Thank You for staying with us and anything you or your family will be in the area pleased stay at the Hobby locations. If you need reservations for the future feel free to contact anyone of our friendly team members.

Thanks,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Reached overhead for extra roll toilet paper from cabinet,put thumb inside while removing empty roll on roller felt bite,put full roll on roller pulled roll and Brown recluse jumped out to above roll on wall,took spider froze it,went to office and they said not another spider bite and law suite,
apparently they had an infestation in the hospitality storeroom,went to the hospital across the freeway two exits up,18,000 dollars later 6 days, i v,a whole the size of a quarter on my thumb not to mention scar,i called a third party to filter room.they found one more in bathroom and two in kitchen,i was paid up for two weeks at hotel not only did i pay for the hotel the hospital too.they refused any refund or medical.ALSO pictures under the sun suites sign at the office another spider ,front window under sign,web, spider and your sun suites sun,if you stay in this Corporate nightmare and have children you do the math. the sun suites are a group of different hotel names,i stayed total less than two days and payed all that money,admitted they were aware of the infestation,and could not even cover .............t
you think i'm not for real corporate call me back,chefrichard2004@aol.com sure the hospital would like there money.
Richard leslie

Room Tip: keep driving
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

During my stay ( been here since July ' 11, still residing ) at Sun Suits all staff members / management were extremely polite. My family and I have really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel. Cranita, Hannah, Kerri, Jacob, Grace, and Woodrow were all excellent in assisting my family with all of our needs. This is a Hotel that I will defiently come back to.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The rooms were smelling bad. Bed sheets had holes and bathroom shower was not working. Worst motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

ALL THE REVIEWS ARE TRUE! YES THIS HOTEL ACTUALLY IS THAT BAD!
For my husbands job, we got transferred to Houston for about 5 months. We had three rooms. Two of those rooms were infested with roaches and the other room had bed bugs. Im not sure what the rooms with roaches were like but the one with bed bugs was our room. It had pubic hairs on the towells and in the shower. The microwave had food in it and the floors had not been swept or vacuumed. Only half our channels worked. We also requested a non smoking room. They swear up and down that we did not get a smoking room but there are cigarette burns on our comforter and our room reaks of smoke. The worst part is the fact that the demo rooms 102 and 101 are very nice and nothing like the actual rooms themselves. There are also druggies walking around high. It's very scary and I seriously thought I was going to get mugged. Do not stay here! The Howard Johnson extended stay is a mile further down the road and its 20x nicer and about the same price!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sun Suites of Houston-Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!