“Incredible Flavors” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
San Antonio, Texas
“Incredible Flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The most expensive sushi of my life was also the most incredible. Go big or go home. $800 for two of us and it was sushi and champagne. The flavor arrangement is so intricate that the chef shows you how to place the piece in your mouth for palette response. Crazy I know.

Houston, TX
“Very, very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very, very good. My wife and I got the tasting menu with additions and subtractions from our waiter and were blown away. It's not cheap, but it's one of the best meals I have ever had (I think we spent around $150 for both of us including a few drinks). It's also fairly casual for a place in this price range which I appreciated.

I recommend asking your waiter a lot of questions because they are very friendly and had a ton of information about what we were eating. We had a booth, but I believe there are some communal tables which might be a negative for some people.

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We are from NY, where quality sushi places abound, but this place is great. Creative, delicious food, very hip place.

Visited January 2014
Houston, Texas
“Modern Japanese on Steriods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have had the pleasure of dining around the globe. This is the most unique inspired fresh and interesting approach to Japanese I have come across. Every thing we tried was unique and delicious, even the flash fried Brussel sprouts were great. It's a popular restaurant for a good reason the food, service and atmosphere is top notch.

• Visited March 2014
Texas
“Domo arigato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Loved it. Got there before 5 and door was locked. Came back 15 minutes after 5 and the sushi bar was full. Cool atmosphere...unique and delicious samplings. Waiter (blonde guy from NewZealand...Matt?) was best waiter I've had in a while. He recited the menu items like a gastronomic chemist...brought just what we wanted and didn't hard sell anything.
Will be going back.