“Party for the tastebuds!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Party for the tastebuds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hands down best sushi in Houston. Inventive menu executed to perfection. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. A little pricey but you get what you pay for!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“My Favorite Restaurant in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Uchi is definitely my favorite restaurant in Houston! We have been four times and every time the food is delicious and the service fantastic. I can't think of any other restaurant experience in which the servers are consistently excited and informed about every dish. They make the dining experience fabulous!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Punta Cana
“food and service was AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

loved the food.. disliked that by 7:30pm some of their daily specials were already sold out!!! will definitely come back early to make sure I can get the best dishes!!!

Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Agree with the rating. This is the number one place in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am thrilled to know that this place is the number one restaurant in Houston because I truly believe it is. My wife and I have been here twice in the last three weeks. This is absolutely one of the best meals we've ever had. All staff is very knowledgeable and would be very glad to recommend some of their favorites. Here are my suggestions:
Cool appetizer: machi cure (smoked baby yellow­tail, yucca crisp, marcona almond, asian pear, garlic brittle)
Hot appetizer: jar jar duck(countryside farms duck٠kumquat٠ endive٠rosemary smoke)
Mamimono(sushi rolls): Zero sen(yellowtail٠avocado٠shallot٠ cilantro٠tobiko٠yuzu), mustang(reshwater eel٠yellowtail٠ tobiko٠avocado) and shag(tempura roll٠salmon٠ avocado٠sun-dried tomato)
sushi(nigiri): bara mutso, foie nigiri
All of this accompanied by a cold Asashi Black an you will be up for one of the best meals in your life. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashburn, Virginia
“It already has numerous 5 star rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

but here is one more. This plae is simply excellent. No question a reservation would have been nice - place was jamming on a Sunday night. Instead of waiting for a table - we sat at the bar. Not the sushi bar mind you but the bar, bar. I am so very thankful we did. Dale, the bartender, asked us to trust him and we did. We never opened the menu and everything he ordered for us was simply great. Everything was super fresh and just seemed to melt in your mouth. He did a great job of pairing up wines and sake. I so wish we had a place like this in VA.

I would eat here everyday if I could. Fun, hip crowd. Everyone was raving.

I may go back tomorrow before I leave town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere