“Good happy hour prices” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Triniti Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #608 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kipling
“Good happy hour prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We live a couple blocks away, and have previously been scared away from Triniti because we've heard it's expensive. But after looking up happy hour specials, we decided we needed to try it.

I was expecting tiny portions for the "3 bar bites for $10" special, but I was surprised when a full bowl of frites, a dozen fried cheese curds and 4 devils on horseback came out. Everything was delicious, and the waitstaff in the lounge area was attentive and not at all snooty. I had house wine for $5 a glass, and my husband had a half-price cocktail. The few beers they had were $3 for happy hour.

We'll be back after work again soon.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sugar Land, Texas
“Great Food, Bait & Switch Special Menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The waiter was chatty and friendly, and pushed that night's special--a bone in ribeye, which I ordered. It was a delight...sliced off the bone and nicely presented, and a salty, fatty feast. When we received the bill for $230 for two (two apps, two drinks, two main courses), and the heretofore chatty waiter failed to bring the detailed bill, I knew it was trouble. Sure enough, when he slipped by and dropped the detailed bill on the table without a glance, the "ribeye" was a porterhouse....with a $130 tab. My bad for not asking the price for the special. His bad for not knowing the difference between a porterhouse and a ribeye. And Triniti's bad for charging such an outrageous sum. When the manager was summoned, she offered a tepid excuse. When I wrote the owner a day later, his excuse was even more tepid, "we'll make it up to you next time."

Which there will never be.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delightful brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have returned again....but my first for brunch. It is very clear why the head chef has received rave reviewes. For my first brunch experience, I had the prix fix 5-course menu with a perfect bottomless mimosa. I started with the miniature white chocolate scone, followed by the best cheese grits I have ever tasted in my life; this incredible whiff of bacon permeated our table. The initial taste of the grits was unlike any I have had before... light and airy ...similar to a souffle. My main entreee was the brunch burger which was perfectly cooked topped by a perfect fried egg. The last part of the meal was a goat cheese cajeta which was beautiful in presentation and full of flavor.

My friend had the butternut asiago quiche a la carte and she informed me it was the best quiche she had had.

I was also pleasantly surprised to hear they are starting a pop up bakery on Saturdays before the actual bakery opens in Fall 2014. Another great opporunity to start off the day with Triniti!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A real gem...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Everything that evening was perfect: the service, the atmosphere and of course the food itself.
The foie gras 'breakfast' is the best starter I have tried in Houston! The main course portions were a good size and well presented. The desserts are very sophisticated (even though I felt like macaroons could have had a bit more delicate flavors). Overall we were very surprised to find such a gem on Shepherd.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Evening started out nice. Very nice atmosphere, modern decor, great drink at the bar -- quite original -- a fig infused bourbon cocktail. For dinner, good glass of Cabernet, but server "highly recommended" the "off-menu" bone in Porterhouse over the menu's new York strip steak. I found out later why -- the NY strip was $48, the off-menu Porterhouse was $130! Adding insult to injury, the Porterhouse was undercooked and very fatty. The best part of the meal was the mashed potatoes. This restaurant has the potential to be very good, but the experience overall, especially in light of the prices, was lacking. Too many superior restaurants in Houston that I'd rather go to. I won't be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere