“Good food & Good price-clean” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,351 of 7,487 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese
Humble, Texas
“Good food & Good price-clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I frequent this restaurant often-the food is good & you can't beat the price, you get seated very quickly & it is very clean- A win win! Most sushi places offer bigger rolls at bigger prices-don't get me wrong the rolls are not small but you have room to eat a variety rolls -I've never been to a rotating sushi bar & my first visit it looked odd-sushi moving around the tables while you spot the 1 you want and watch it travel as it arrives to your reach-the colored coated plates are great-you can keep track of how much you're spending-they also have more than just sushi rotating-the tables are always clean (including restrooms!)-servers are always on standby willing to assist you. I do recommend trying other dishes besides the sushi--they are just as good!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Fun experience, average sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had never been to a moving sushi bar, so this was definitely a fun experience. The plates are colored and you pay by plate...which adds up when you pick up everything that looks appetizing! Still, my boyfriend and I left paying about $30-40 which is considerably cheaper than any sushi restaurant we would go to.

A few downsides were the service, which don't get me wrong, was great. The servers were very attentive and anytime you looked a bit confused, needed more to drink or hadn't picked up a plate in a while, they rushed over and asked what they could do to help. So what was the downside? They were VERY ATTENTIVE. There were about 5 of them standing at the front of the restaurant just staring at you during your whole meal. I know that is probably what makes a good server at a restaurant, but it's not my favorite thing. The other downside was the sushi freshness. There were only a few families/couples in there at the same time as us, so this may not be a problem if there is a packed house, but the sushi was warm after being "choo-chooed" around for a while. Warm sushi is just not my cup of tea.

I might come here again if I am introducing someone to a moving sushi bar experience. It is very close to where I live, has a nice atmosphere and is very clean. I don't think I would just come for the food specifically though.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

You sit down and there's sushi that moves in front of you. It moves in a little train. Sure there's the novelty of moving sushi but when it comes down to actually eating the sushi, you are BLOWN away! It's amazing. Some of the rolls are SO good that when you put them in your mouth, you instantly become happy, and then you feel guilty because you think, "No one deserves to be this happy...." Fai Star!!!!!!

• Visited August 2011