“Excellent Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My stay at the Hilton Garden in was wonderful. Everything was clean. The rooms and beds were very comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. There were a lot of wild children running around the hotel during our stay, so that was a little bit of an annoyance. Not sure if that is typical for this area. Our stay was otherwise wonderful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for the kind review! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sulphur Springs, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel staff is amazing! I travel frequently for speaking engagements and presentations, the excellent staff was integral in making my recent seminar was a sucess. A special thank you to Jonathon, Banquet Captain! The hotel is beautiful, clean and everyone is friendly and efficient.
This will definitely be home each time we are in Houston, TX

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
WOW! Thank you so much for the great comments on the team! Our associates are second to none in my mind as well! Jonathan recently moved into the role of captain and has made a tremendous impact. Thank you so much and I look forward to hosting more of your events in the future.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

hey,

I have been staying there for 2 weeks.
it was a wonderful experience and wow really nice staff!
I liked to be served in the mornings from amazing and friendly staff.
Domingo and Maria were the best. They are such nice people. We had a chat every morning, about everything. Domingo gave us really nice advices where to eat, go etc.
Maria was such a kind person and I am very glad to meet her. Her personality is just perfect and she is just herself to the customers.
The rooms very nice, clean whenever u needed it. the pool was great, especially with this weather!
the General Manager is a nice person too, very polite and friendly.
The food was good, I loved the breakfast buffet. amazing :)
The gym was great, not too big but 24h open and there I could use everything I needed.
I could even wash my landry just for 1 dollar washing and 1 dollar drying.
just wonderful!!

Thank you for the beautiful stay over there!
See you soon again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Our team is focused on creating an over the top experience and it seems they delivered. Maria and Domingo had big smiles on their face when we shared your review as did I. Our on property amenities are wonderful and next time be sure to visit our partner, lifetime fitness, with the complimentary VIP access we provide to our guests. Looking forward to welcoming you back!
Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Even though my room was cancelled by error, the manager found the way to get me another room (which is good as I paid in advance!) .
Somebody special: Domingo Martinez Jr who welcomed me every morning with a smile at breakfast and was very efficient, running everywhere and ready to help every guest.
Pool and spa were ok (spa needs to be more powerful).
Regarding the room: bed needs to be changed, because you would roll in the middle, as somebody heavy should have modified the flatness and so my back was hurting every morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Appreciate the review and recognition of Domingo! Look forward to your return.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is great for a business trip or short stay. The staff is excellent, room comfortable and clean, and breakfast delicious. However, the bathroom sink is set too far away (close to the mirror) and it was not easy to lean so far forward to use the sink.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and providing feedback. Thank you fo rrecognizing the team for a job well done. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Domingo Martinez Jr. did the difference every morning during breakfast. He was always smiling and ready to help.
The hotel is well located and frontdesk employees are very well trained to deal with foreign people.

Room Tip: 5th floor is a good choice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Whether foreign or domestic Domingo and the team aim to deliver an exceptional experience. Thank you for recognizing his dedication as well as others. Look forward to welcoming you back!
Papendrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

After a very long day travelling, including a 10 hour flight, waiting almost 2 hours to pass the TSA security at IAH (Houston Airport) I arrived rather tired at the reception of this easy to find hotel. The staff behind the desk welcomed me in a very pleasant way.

Although the local time was 17:00, it was 24:00 for me, so I went straight to bed. The room on the sixth floor was clean, had enough space and was nicely decorated. As I said, I went straight to bed. And at that point I noticed the point of a potential improvement of this hotel. The traffic from guests in the hotel caused some noise, when somebody opened the room door and let it go close by itself, it closed with a big bang. Also the people having a chat before entering their room caused some noise. I have to say, this is something that is in most hotels an issue.
But anyway, if the hotel is doing refurbishing of the rooms, please consider to add an extra door to create an entrance hallway. So this hallway will have the door to exit, the door of the bathroom and the door to the bedroom part of the hotel room. In my opinion, this extra door can provide an extra isolation for the noise.
Further I can say that the hotel room was clean, the bed was very good and I did have internet with a reasonable performance. The bathroom was well equipped and had enough towels. I used the desk a lot to work on and the chair gave good comfort. Did I have any other items next to the noise ? Yes, I would like to have a safe in the hotel room. Although one can use a safe at the front desk in the lobby, I do prefer to have it in the room.
The breakfast was included for me and was very good. Also the staff at the breakfast was friendly and helpful. The really tried to let you feel at home.
The eveining before checking out, I received an e-mail from the hotel manager. I was asked if I was happy with the service and if I had a complaint, please contact him. That just gave an extra personal touch.

So to summarise, good hotel, with very good and friendly staff.
If they can manage to lower the noise level from the other guests and also provide a safe in the room, I am very very happy with this hotel.

If I need to be in this area of Houston again, I will ask to book this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to personally meet with me as well as share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is great and will be discussed with ownership to see if we can address your recommendations when it comes time for a renovation. I shared your comments with the team this morning and they were pleased to hear they impacted yet another guest experience. Much appreciated.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook? Share your experiences!