“Nice Weekend Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
College Station, Texas
“Nice Weekend Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Went to Houston for a getaway night with my husband. Chose this hotel for the proximity to our favorite restaraunt (Pappadeaux's) and a country dancehall. Both were within 1 mile of the hotel, as was many stores to shop, including the Willowbrook mall.
The hotel was in an apparently safe, nice neighborhood, right across the street from a Memorial Herman Hospital. Our check-in (booked through Priceline) took less than one minute with a friendly staff member. The room was clean and adequate for a Hilton Garden inn. The only issue we had was that the bed was pretty firm, but maybe we just couldn't figure out how to make the Sleep Number work properly :)
Would definitely recommend this hotel for any business or pleasure stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Good service, very nice, kind assistance and take care the guest very good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Domingo T. Martinez was absolutely wonderful. All of us were on a National Tennis tournament and very busy having early and late hours. His service, help with us early in the morning in the restaurant, his wonderful personality and exceptional service really got us through a very busy tournament with our teen daughters.
Dian Garnett
Holly Stephens
Anita Paulus

Room Tip: downstairs first floor had a handicap room that was larger than some of the other rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Overall, pretty good. The rooms were a bit noisy and a fire alarm went off one morning. Got great service each morning at breakfast and getting coffe after my workouts...thanks Domingo t. Martinez jr!! Made the morning very cheerful and friendly!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and providing feedback of your recent stay. Domingo is a tremendous asset and thrives on delivering exceptional guest experiences through personalized service. We are thrilled he is on the team! We did in fact have a false alarm one morning, I am sorry you were affected. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Houston.
Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I would just like to say that my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Houston Northwest this week was great. The staff at the reception was friendly, the Director of Sales was, as always helpful. I want to especially write up Domingo Martinez Jr who manages the restaurant. He is always very friendly, efficient and pleasant to me. This week, I happen to leave my computer bag in the restaurant and Domingo went out of his way to get it for me and hold it until I could return. Exceptional service. He and his staff do one heck of a job.
The only thing I wish the hotel provided was a longer range for their shuttle. They cover 5 miles and my office is 12 miles from the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at this location during our trip to Houston for a New Years Eve Party. The Willowbrook area is not as peaceful as it used to be when I was a kid. Having patroling the area for two years, this hotel is the best around. I would def. stay here again; however; make sure you request a room facing west because the sun comes right through the white thin curtains in the morning. That was the only issue my wife and I had.

Room Tip: Request a room facing west.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Every employee was friendly, helpful and a pleasure to interact with. They seemed genuinely interested in me and seemed to really enjoy offering their services.

One employee, Keith Ahee, went out of his way for me. I was in need of a gift bag for an X-Mas gift I was giving that night. I asked the front desk staff for any sort of bag...expecting a Hilton logo bag of some sort. Keith, who was working in the bar area, overheard my request and offered a X-Mas gift bag he had in his car. He went out to his car, gave me the bag with a smile and a wish for a good holiday. It was perfect!

I saw Keith a few times later during my stay and he was always interested in ensuring my stay was superior. I looked forward to seeing him!

I would recommend this hotel. Their service surpasses hotels I've stayed at charging many times their nightly rate. Thanks Keith Ahee!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Allan H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Dorothy,

Happy New Year! Thank you for your kind words regarding the team. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and I am thrilled to hear we have. Keith is a valuable member of the team with many years of service. I look forward to recognizing him for his outstanding personalized service we have come to expect.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook? Share your experiences!