“You get what you pay for...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Houston Reliant Park

You added Motel 6 Houston Reliant Park to your Saves list
Motel 6 Houston Reliant Park
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3223 South Loop West, I-610 at Buffalo Speedway/South Main Street, Houston, TX 77025   |
Ranked #333 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“You get what you pay for...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I live in the Houston area and had to stay 2 nights at a hotel while moving into a new place. This hotel was the most conveniently located for the best price. I'm familiar with the area so the security concerns that other reviewers raised didn't bother me since I know the area well. However, even though I'm from the area I still felt unsafe here. There were homeless people loitering around the property and at night, there were lots of noises, sirens, and sounds of people talking. I kept checking my car to make sure that everything was okay.

The room itself was fine; comfortable beds, wood floors, shower with great water pressure, and linens/towels that were better than expected.

If the hotel could be moved to the other side of the interstate, it would be a world of difference.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This Motel 6 is bad on so many levels. Usually Motel 6's are cheap and still nice places to stay; I have used them in quite a few states in US by now. I booked this Motel 6 in Houston for 12 days, and had already decided to move to another motel the next day. The first impression, as many other reviews have written here, is that the motel is increadibly noisy, being near a large highway. When checkin in, the clerk told me the internet was down and the pool was under reparation... Then going up to 3rd floor, I noticed the walls in the corridors looked like the walls of an underground bunker, not of a hotel! Then the room: Well, the room was probably the only positive thing. It was clean and large, although the floor didn't have carpet but solid "laminate" type covering, which is strange for a hotel, but OK. The bathroom was quite new and very clean. During the night, I could hear the neighbors speaking on the phone (I think); the walls do not seem to be that thick. During all the evening, there were two police in front of the building talking to a non-police person for hours. I have no idea what they were doing, but have police for hours in front of your hotel is never a good sign. One other good point though: The staff was friendly, and totally understood when I cancelled the rest of my stay. I know moved to the 'La Quinta Inns & Suites'. I'm writing this review from the 'La Quinta' hotel room, which b.t.w. has free (and working) wifi, and already I'm so happy to be here now! That being said, I still think most Motel 6's are OK, just not the 'Houston Reliant Park' one.

Room Tip: If at all, take a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This place is cheap for a reason. Had I known how disgusting this place was I would not have even booked and would have stayed elsewhere. It was loud and I had people loitering and yelling in front of my window at 6am!! Who does that??The peep hole had a napkin stuffed in it and there was a bullet hole in the ceiling above the sitting table in the room.I have never had such a restless and uncomfortable night in my life.I have no problem with the Motel 6 chain. I have stayed at numerous ones and have had great expeirences but this one was by far the worst hotel stay I have ever had!!!

Room Tip: Choose a good room by staying elsewhere!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights here during the Houston Stock Show. HOLY CRAP! Two cars were stolen out of the parking lot, three were vandalized and we catch one idiot at 8:00am staring on the window of my truck gettting ready to break in!!

Oh and to top it off, the beds are terrible, the rooms stink, the walls are paper thin so here the snoring of the crack head in the room next to you, and the hotel staff is RUDE! Avoid this place like the PLAGUE!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Van Buren
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were on the way to Galveston, on our motorcycle, when my husband became ill. We called a fellow Gold Wing rider who came to our rescue. I drove his car, with my husband, as passenger, and the good samaritan took us to the Reliant Park Motel 6. I was, extremely, apprehensive because we know nothing of Houston or the area. Our room was large, very clean, beds comfortable and a clean bathroom. We don't usually, stay in Motel 6's. We stay at motels that have the free breakfast so we can eat and go. But, there is a Shell quick pick right next door to get coffee in the morning and a Whataburger where I could walk to get a bite to eat. I would, definitely, recommend this Motel 6.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Booked this motel on the internet having never been to Houston before. It was clean, well serviced and the staff were helpful. Motel 6 is a good budget motel choice and this is one of the nicer Motel 6 buildings we have stayed in. However, because it is by an intersection it is also one of the noisiest motels we stayed in. It didn't disturb us too much, but when we returned to Houston we enjoyed being away from the freeway.

It isn't very easy to walk anywhere from this motel but the location next to the freeway is very convenient. This motel felt safe, was well lit and was friendly.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I'm trekking across the US with my sister and we're staying exclusively in Motel 6s to save money. We were bracing for the worst when we came here--it's major flaw is that it's VERY noisy. I can hear the traffic of the fwy constantly, and briefly during one of our two night stays, someone was running some kind of weird bass rumble somewhere... but that's my only real complaint.
We stayed in the first floor and were pleasantly surprised to discover it had an amusing turquoise wall that matched the taupe-and-turquoise bedspread. The floor is some kind of bamboo patterned laminate--kind of weird looking but at least it was sparkly clean. Must be a recent remodel, judging from the other reviews here.The room had no bad odors whatsoever and the sheets actually smelled fresh. The pillows were amazingly plush.
The bathroom had all of the required amenities (we had a room with two kingsized beds, so we got two towels... in past experience with motel 6, they only give you one...)
Our trip required a two-night stay in Houston and we're glad we found our way to this particular Motel 6.

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Motel 6 Houston Reliant Park? Share your experiences!