“Cheap was the only good thing . . .” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Western Inn Motel

Western Inn Motel
You added Western Inn Motel to your Saves list
Western Inn Motel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1500 North Loop, Houston, TX 77009 (Greater Heights)   |
Ranked #20 of 39 Houston B&B and Inns
Warrensburg, Missouri, United States
“Cheap was the only good thing . . .”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I do not recommend this Hotel in Houston. The internet repeatedly continued to go out--sometimes not coming back on for hrs--the room was water damaged--and we had to air it out daily, the air conditioner had one setting--Full--which froze
us out at night and we had to get up and turn it off--the towel exfoliated our skin until it bled--ha ha. Then tonight at 9:00 the front desk called and insisted we come down and pay for another night-ah--no--we paid our full bill when we arrived--through Mon. noon--she insisted I was wrong--and we needed to come downstairs right then and fix this--nope--can't wait til morning--so--got on my sweater--and tennies--with my pjs--took my laptop down--and showed her my receipt for the reservation--oh--it doesn't match mine here at the desk--I guess we'll have to wait for the boss to come in the morning and fix this---EXCUSE ME?! You just insisted I come down right now and fix this--I was in bed near sleep mode--and I CAME DOWN BECAUSE THIS HAD TO BE FIXED TONIGHT. I take a deep breath--and let them know that they will not be charging me another night no matter what happens. Now I'm back in the room--trying to cool off--oh geez--I hate stupid! Did I mention the stench of mold--water damage on the ceilings and the bugs? . . .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
East Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is not a Best Western. That's how we wound up here, thanks to a family member who got confused. It's a rough place that has the benefit of being cheap. The room was clean and the people were nice. We still got out as fast as we could.

Room Tip: Don't. Just don't.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Crestview, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was absolutely the worst hotel I've ever been to. We had planned a three day trip to Houston. First the address was wrong and the staff gave us an address that didn't get us there either. The first thing we noticed was a SWAT team surround the building and start rushing inside. The front desk is behind protective glass. We still tried the room and after trying three rooms we left. The first door wouldn't even lock, the second had water spraying all over the bathroom floor from the toilet, and the beds are rock hard with paper thin sheets and springs poking the surface, and we didn't even go in the third room because the smell of what smelled like a cross between somebody cooking something illegal and cat pee took our breath away. The whole place stank like smoke and was not clean. We decided to leave regardless of if we could get a refund or not. After talking to a woman in the hallway who was also leaving after attempting to stay there one night with no sleep due to loud people and banging on walls, we realized we couldn't because the police had everything blocked off. Eventually we were able to leave. Stay as far away from this place as possible. Even if you are going there for illegal substance use or for prostitution it's not a good idea because of the frequently visiting SWAT team!

• Stayed October 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

First off all, their adress is incorrcect. Had to call the hotel and get the adress,which was also wrong. (On the gps and google maps there are no western inn where it's suppose to be) Asked a police man for directions, he told us to staw away. So we cancelled. After reading reviews on hotels.com i'm glad we did.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Western Inn Motel? Share your experiences!