“top quality service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“top quality service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

very nice and clean rooms.
nice people around always willing to help
location is great
fast check in & out
excellent service, keep it simple
I've been there many times, it was an Intercontinental Hotel some years ago. Moved to Royal Sonesta, keeping the best of both!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is perfectly located, across from the Galleria. The rooms are good, staff is excellent, efficient and willing to help solve any problem. Dining options are great, breakfast is good. What I really liked here was how fast things were done, room service, laundry pick up, valet service, never waited for more than a couple of minutes.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in Houston on business and stayed at the Royal Sonesta Hotel. This was an amazing hotel and not too expensive. They gave you five star service. The rooms were really clean and comfortable. The staff was amazing. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Had a great view of the skyline and Galleria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Hotel was amazing. Very comforting. Very polite. And very attentive. There was this one girl, Courtney, that worked at the hotel front desk was amazing. She really took the time to make sure our stay was relaxing and every need was taken care of. I absolutely, hands down, had no complaints and the next time I'm in Houston, I will definitely being staying here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Arvin M, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear AarynJ,

I would like to personally take the time to say thank you for sharing your experience here at The Royal Sonesta Houston as this is very much so appreciated. I am happy to hear that you found our Hotel to you likings as well as our Front desk staff who is the best of the best. I am thrilled that you will be staying with us again and we anxiously await to welcome you with open arms.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff left a note on my night stand stating their goal was to exceed my expectations. I have high expectations...and they met them. I would use this hotel again. I've stayed in other high-end hotels nearby and really found this one to be much better.

The staff was friendly, kind and accommodating. They remembered my name in the hotel restaurant and even the name of my work associates. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well maintained. My stay at Royal Sonesta Houston was for business and I would definitely return. The hotel is minutes away from the Galleria. The only downside is that it's near highway 610 so if you're looking for a quiet getaway this might be a little disappointing but on the upside the proximity to 610 in Houston is very useful to make travel time faster and more efficient.

I like staying on the upper floors which gives a great view. I also used the work-out facility and this was nice. Lots of machines that overlook the pool. Very well laid out.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff. Greet them by name. You don't have to be fluent in Spanish but even a few...
Dear Melissa U,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to leave such wonderful feedback about our Hotel as this is greatly appreciated. Our purpose here at The Royal Sonesta is to add value to the lives of the people with whom we interact and I am thrilled to hear that we were able to do just that. Out staff is one of a kind and we love making our guests feel like they are home away from home. Our location is perfect as it is located right by the fourth largest mall in the U.S. It was our pleasure having you here and we anxiously await your next visit with us.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Good: beautiful exterior and luxurious lobby. Unique furnishings in the lobby and common areas. Excellent staff in the hotel bar. Upscale room interiors.Great location.
The Bad: There is no air-conditioning or vent in the bathroom. After a shower you have to wait 15-30 minutes for the fog to clear unless you put the a/c on full blast with the fan running on high! And everyone needs a vent in the bathroom! The toilet paper and tissues are like sandpaper. We asked the front desk for a hand soap and coffee, both of which were missing in our room. They told us to go to our room and call housekeeping. Really? Not very customer service oriented. We also needed more tissue as ours was not replaced daily by housekeeping. It never arrived. Lastly getting on wifi is a big pain. Our stay was 4 days and each day we had to go thru the paces of getting on Sonesta's wifi. It's the little things that make a stay pleasant Royal Sonesta! As requested on the mirror in the bathroom, here is your rating on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Arvin M, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,

We as a team would like to say thank you for leaving a review about your experience here at The Royal Sonesta as we use this as a tool to help us learn and grow. We really put everything into our recent renovations so I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy our beautiful exterior as well as our luxurious lobby. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while here at The Royal Sonesta as these are not typical issues we undergo. We would love to have the chance for you to stay with us again so that we can show you what the Sonesta is truly all about. Please be sure and make your next possible future reservation with me. I can be reached at (713)-627-7600

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was booked into this hotel on a business trip, but felt like I was on vacation. The stylish rooms seem recently refurbished and the bed and bedding were very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and attentive. My favorite part was the food -- I enjoyed my room and room service so much that I didn't go out for a single meal. My breakfast omelet was perfect and arrived right on time. The bar nibbles were outstanding. The late night pizza was perfect when an old friend stopped by to visit. My lunch time salad was so good I ordered it two days in a row. The Galleria is within walking distance and the airport just a thirty minute ride. I appreciated the tiered Wi-Fi service. Basic service is free (yay!) but you can upgrade for a fee if you need more broadband. I've stayed downtown before but I'll definitely come back here next time.

Room Tip: I had a great view to the north and east, a corner room with two windows.
Dear beth I,

Thank you so much for leaving such wonderful feedback about our Hotel as this is greatly appreciated. We love making our guests feel like they are home away from home and I am happy we were able to do just that for you. We really put a lot of hard work into our renovations to make sure each and every one of our guests would be able to enjoy our stylish rooms. Our staff is the best of the best and our chef is amazing. It was definitely our pleasure having you here and we hope to have you visit with us in the near future.

Arvin Missick

Been to Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston? Share your experiences!