“One of my top 5 hotels!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 West Loop South, Houston, TX 77027   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #39 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“One of my top 5 hotels!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Hotel was amazing. Very comforting. Very polite. And very attentive. There was this one girl, Courtney, that worked at the hotel front desk was amazing. She really took the time to make sure our stay was relaxing and every need was taken care of. I absolutely, hands down, had no complaints and the next time I'm in Houston, I will definitely being staying here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The staff left a note on my night stand stating their goal was to exceed my expectations. I have high expectations...and they met them. I would use this hotel again. I've stayed in other high-end hotels nearby and really found this one to be much better.

The staff was friendly, kind and accommodating. They remembered my name in the hotel restaurant and even the name of my work associates. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well maintained. My stay at Royal Sonesta Houston was for business and I would definitely return. The hotel is minutes away from the Galleria. The only downside is that it's near highway 610 so if you're looking for a quiet getaway this might be a little disappointing but on the upside the proximity to 610 in Houston is very useful to make travel time faster and more efficient.

I like staying on the upper floors which gives a great view. I also used the work-out facility and this was nice. Lots of machines that overlook the pool. Very well laid out.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff. Greet them by name. You don't have to be fluent in Spanish but even a few...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Good: beautiful exterior and luxurious lobby. Unique furnishings in the lobby and common areas. Excellent staff in the hotel bar. Upscale room interiors.Great location.
The Bad: There is no air-conditioning or vent in the bathroom. After a shower you have to wait 15-30 minutes for the fog to clear unless you put the a/c on full blast with the fan running on high! And everyone needs a vent in the bathroom! The toilet paper and tissues are like sandpaper. We asked the front desk for a hand soap and coffee, both of which were missing in our room. They told us to go to our room and call housekeeping. Really? Not very customer service oriented. We also needed more tissue as ours was not replaced daily by housekeeping. It never arrived. Lastly getting on wifi is a big pain. Our stay was 4 days and each day we had to go thru the paces of getting on Sonesta's wifi. It's the little things that make a stay pleasant Royal Sonesta! As requested on the mirror in the bathroom, here is your rating on Trip Advisor.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was booked into this hotel on a business trip, but felt like I was on vacation. The stylish rooms seem recently refurbished and the bed and bedding were very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and attentive. My favorite part was the food -- I enjoyed my room and room service so much that I didn't go out for a single meal. My breakfast omelet was perfect and arrived right on time. The bar nibbles were outstanding. The late night pizza was perfect when an old friend stopped by to visit. My lunch time salad was so good I ordered it two days in a row. The Galleria is within walking distance and the airport just a thirty minute ride. I appreciated the tiered Wi-Fi service. Basic service is free (yay!) but you can upgrade for a fee if you need more broadband. I've stayed downtown before but I'll definitely come back here next time.

Room Tip: I had a great view to the north and east, a corner room with two windows.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Royal Sonesta in Houston twice over the past few months and each time had a wonderful experience. The hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful. The hotel bar serves a great drink and the food in the restaurant is awesome. The rooms are very nice with soft beds and huge TV's. The hotel is walking distance from the Galleria Mall which is one of the nicest malls in the US. Great restaurants are a cab ride away. You cannot go wrong by staying here. Great place! Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Arvin M, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear BeeGee85,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback about our Hotel as this is greatly appreciated. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our wonderful amenities as we try our best to make sure each and every one of our guests are accommodated. It was our pleasure having you here and we hope to have the chance for you to stay with us in the near future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Royal Sonesta the weekend of April 18-19, 2015. I am also looking for venue at Galleria. I met with a lady, Ms. Rebekah Rosburg. She is very professional and knowledgeable about the hotel. She answered all my questions. I was welcomed by Ms. Any the receptionist. She is so pleasant. The hotel room I stayed was exceptional. It has a welcoming and calming effect. There was enough toiletries in the bathroom. I was able to experience the breakfast buffet at Ara Restaurant on the first floor. The selection of breakfast foods were awesome and tremendous. The fruits served were very fresh. They continually fill in the food. There was so much thing to do at the Gym Room. It was fully equip. Needless to say, my stay at the Royal Sonesta is great. I will highly recommend the place.

Room Tip: All rooms are all the same with great view of Galleria and accessible to all nice restaurants and sh...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear csmitra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback about our Hotel as this is greatly appreciated. Rebekah is definitely one of our best employees and we are truly grateful to have her apart of our Sonesta family. I am so thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy our luxury rooms and wonderful amenities that we have to offer. Our chef's are the best of the best and serve delicious choices of food breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was our pleasure having you here and we hope to have you visit with us again in the near future.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here during a conference which made some things easier than if I was on my own. The rooms are updated and pretty cozy. One issue was that the A/C was finicky as in I had to set the temp either really low or really high to get the temperature I wanted. It's odd but it was something I fought every morning and every time I went back to my room. The room service was great and reasonably priced. The food on site is a little better than I expected but you are in the Galleria area so there are many options to choose from. Having meetings or a conference at this hotel is fantastic due to the layout and large bar near all the gathering rooms. It is certainly expensive, but doesn't feel ultra luxurious. Overall, a satisfying stay.

Room Tip: The elevators are loud
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Arvin M, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear jkells_13,

Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review about our Hotel as this is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your room as well as our delicious food. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our a/c as these are not typical issues we undergo. It was our pleasure having you here and we certainly hope to see you again in the near future.

Arvin Missick

Been to Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston? Share your experiences!