“Great decor. Comfortable beds.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 West Loop South, Houston, TX 77027   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #28 of 452 Hotels in Houston
Winnetka, Illinois
“Great decor. Comfortable beds.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We traveled to Houston for medical reasons. Front desk was good. Very crowded lobby during check in as there was a private daytime event and people were confused about parking. That being said, the front desk was very helpful and we had a good experience. This hotel does a lot of private events, so the lobby/bar is busy over the weekend. Getting to the self parking area, I had to shoulder my way through a wedding party frockling in the common area taking photos(selfies).
The room decor is very pleasing and provides a calming experience. Beds are comfy and the rooms, hallways, elevators are well maintained. It loved the corner couch! Even though it is off the(next to) the highway, we never really heard or saw any outside activites.
I'd definitely stay again for its location and all the above reasons.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Meeting rooms were well appointed - Efficient, Friendly staff - Guest rooms modern and reasonably priced. Meeting was booked close to shopping as staff were working the weekend. Nordstrom's Rack, Marshall's, The Galleria Mall and reastuarants walking distance.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Carole Anne K,

Thank you so much for leaving such an incredible review, we greatly appreciate it. I am so overjoyed that you were able to experience our amazing staff and rooms. I am happy to hear that you found our location to be accommodating and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel has been the best we have stayed at in Houston. The costumer service was great and the rooms were nice. You will need to pay for parking, but the convenience of everything was worth the cost. The Galleria is near by and many great restaurants. The hotel also has a great bar and good food if you want to stay in. This will be my hotel of choice when visiting Houston.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Sharon E,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to leave such wonderful comments about our hotel. I am so thrilled that you were able to experience our superb hospitality and rooms. We have one of the best chef's in Houston so it is fantastic that you had a chance to visit our bar and eat our delicious food. We really hope to have you back with us sooner than later.

Iota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel was convenient to the Galleria and many restaurants/shopping. The hotel is very nice, has quality room service, a nice bar, and Resturant. I paid $50 for a concierge upgrade that was not worth it though because it was our anniversary. The upgrade gave you 1 drink / Appetizer and breakfast for my husband and I. Not worth that price plus the $17 worth of taxes that are tacked onto to that. The room was nice and the bed was so so comfy. The concierge crew was not friendly like in New Orleans. You had to go to main floor for drink, appetizer and breakfast instead of staying on your floor. I wouldn't upgrade in Houston but would in New Orleans as NOLA offers unlimited drinks, appetizers, breakfast on the floor you are on with ubra friendly staff. I asked for a toothbrush and staff seemed put out. Oh well, live & learn. Place is nice and conveniently located though. PS...... You can hear the interstate very loudly so set your white noise app on your smart phone

Room Tip: Opposite interstate side as you can easily hear the traffic on the side facing it that we were on
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KittyKatz65,

I would like to fist say thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, this is greatly appreciated. We use this as a tool to help us learn and grow to make sure each and every one of our guests is satisfied with their stay. I am thrilled that you were able to experience our room service as well as our bar and Restaurant. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and I reassure you that I will be looking into any possible remedies for this. We really hope to see you again so that we can have a chance to really wow you with our service and show you what the Royal Sonesta is truly about.

Warm personal regards,
Jeffrey Fuller
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Wow amazing service all the way around..
Sergio at check in was great always made sure we had a pleasant service..
ARA restaurant chef Jason and waiter Marty were amazing.. They have the best team to provide one of the best service!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mayela p,

Our entire staff would like to thank you for leaving such a great review about our hotel. We love to wow our guests and I am overjoyed that we were able to amaze you with our service. Sergio and Jason are some of our best employees and we love having them apart of our Royal Sonesta team. It was our pleasure having you here and we hope to see you soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Sonesta about a month ago for a job interview. Not only was the room to die for, but the staff was so friendly especially the bartender Efrain Mouna. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates excellent customer service. This was a stressful time for me, and the staff and comfort of the hotel genuinely made me feel at home and at peace. The Royal Sonesta rocks!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Danielle C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such an amazing review about our hotel, it is greatly appreciated. I am so ecstatic to hear that you were able to enjoy everything from the rooms to the staff. Efrain is definitely one of our best employees and by far such a great asset to the Royal Sonesta team. We take pride in making our guests feel like they are home away from home. We cannot wait for your next visit with us.

Cincinnati, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for business. The front desk staff seemed to be very confused all the time and left the desk for several minutes after beginning to help me without any explanation. THERE IS NO VENDING. I couldn't even find an ice machine. There is a bar, room service (for a price of course), and a cafe with limited hours. Prices at the cafe were off the chart ... $8.00 for a naked juice I picked out of the fridge and brought to the counter myself then waited for someone to show at the counter to check me out. The room was clean, but there was no maid service during my two night stay. Judgement = overpriced! underwhelming, inconvenient. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for the time taken to write a critique, and accept my apologies for services not rendered. Please know we have one of the highest trip advisor ratings [top 6%], and that what you received is not our norm. Your comments about desk agents walking away while you checked in, or your room not being cleaned is quite disturbing. Again, your comments will become teachable moments as we move forward, ensuring our managers make sure via visual inspection that our entire inventory is cleaned evey night.
Our retail food prices are competitive in a high end Galleria area. Please feel free to email me directly at jfuller@sonesta.com, as I would enjoy further conversation. We would like to upgrade you to our concierge floor as we would enjoy winning you back as a loyal guest.

Warm regards,
Jeff

Been to Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston? Share your experiences!