“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 451 Hotels in Houston
Houston
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The consierge, housekeeping staff and wait staff went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable and provide me with services from paper shredding, shipping, to morning coffee. Without exception all hotel staff were pleasant, friendly and prompt with all services offered.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel hosted the 2014 Yokogawa User Group Conference, and did an Outstanding job. The hotel gave group discount to all who chose to stay there and the accommodations were excellent. The food at the hotel was great as well. As for the staff, they were all very nice and willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay all it can be. Thank you Ms Mildret James in housekeeping, and to all the front desk folk for their services. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: When making reservations you request a choice of Galleria view or city.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Randy S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback about our hotel as it is greatly appreciated. It was our pleasure to have you and your group here and we hope to host you all again soon. I am so excited to learn that you enjoyed your stay and had the chance to experience our superb hospitality. We truly hope to see you soon.

Corpus Christi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful, clean and great customer service. Better than other comparable hotels in the area. Very nice, upscale bar with excellent drinks and complimentary snacks make it the perfect place for a business traveler. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for expressing your positive comments regading us as a business hotel. Cleanliness and service are part of our core values, that we feel separate the Sonesta brand from the competition. Hoping you come back soon,
Warm regards,
Jeff
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My spouse and I decided to stay at the Royal Sonesta to get away for a day and hang out around the Galleria area. The hotel was very clean, it was quiet and relaxing. We had a few cocktails at the bar and the bartenders were friendly and attentive. We really enjoyed our stay. I won't bring my children here, but would definitely try another Royal Sonesta out of town due to the amazing customer service and room amenities available.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the time taken regarding the relaxing staycation at our property. Please know we do have kid's menus and a pool, if you ever do decide to bring the family. The positive copmments regarding our friendly waitstaff in our Axis lounge have been passed along.
Warm regards,
Jeff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had the single best customer service experience at the Royal Sonesta in Houston. Around 9:30pm or so in the evening I called concierge to inquire if the shop was still open that I may buy some pain reliever for a headache I earned from a long day of travel. It was closed, so an associate named Vee-Jay offered to walk to the closest drug store to buy some Advil. He really went above and beyond. The hotel room itself was lovely as well. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jennifer N,

We as a hotel would first like to start off by saying thank you for leaving such fantastic feedback about your experience as we greatly appreciate this. I am elated to hear that you were able to experience our superb hospitality, especially by one of our best employees, Vee-Jay. Our Sonesta staff really loves what it is that they do and it was our pleasure having you here. We really hope to see you again in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel has been recently refurbished.
The rooms are of a good size and have everything you need to be comfortable.
I stayed here for business 7 nights in September.
I found the public rooms at the ground floor clean and functional but a little soulless for me liking.
The bar area is totally open plan and lacks intimacy.
Breakfast was good but the same room serves as the venue for dinner and completely lacks atmosphere my advice is to eat out.
Rooms can be noisy if you are on the front of the building as it is situated adjacent to the South loop, a very busy road.
If I was to return to Houston I would probably try somewhere else....

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back wing
Dear John J,

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to critique our hotel we greatly value and appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our renovated rooms and amenities as we worked extra hard to make sure that each and every one on of our guest could enjoy our hotel. I regret to hear that some features were not of your liking but really hope that we will have a chance to have you here with us again. We would be more than happy to review any accommodations that would be necessary to change during possible future reservations. I would love to speak more about this with you. Please feel free to email me at jfuller@sonesta.com

Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a one week advanced reservation. While en route, and out of abundance of caution, I called to let them know I'd have a late check-in. However, they oversold and cancelled my reservation. No notice, no call, no email. They claimed it was an issue with American Express. That is an internal issue and simple finger pointing. Bottom line--we got to town and had no place to stay.
Not professional--so as a professional that travels, I'll never stay at this or any other Royal Sonesta property and suggest you make a reservation at your own risk.

Dear LATraveler318,

I would like to first start off by thanking you for sharing your experience with us as this is a great tool for us to learn and grow. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced upon check - in and would love an opportunity to speak with you to see exactly what happened to prevent any possible future mishaps. Please contact me at a time that’s best for you at jfuller@sonesta.com.

Jeff Fuller

Been to Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston? Share your experiences!