“Good service at this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 West Loop South, Houston, TX 77027   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #29 of 454 Hotels in Houston
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Good service at this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

KLM put me in this hotel after a cancelled flight. A bar with a buzz which doesn't happen very often in a hotel bar. I found the reception staff were particularly helpful. Not sure of the surroundings as I was only stayed one night

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Cuskie,

We as a hotel would like to say thank you for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We love our newly renovated bar and so does the surrounding area. This is a fantastic place to mingle with nice refreshments. I am thrilled to hear that out staff was helpful and it was our pleasure having you here. We hope you will have the chance to visit with us again.

Jeff Fuller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I was there for a baseball convention. If you are driving, then you should have no problems. In fact, you could rate the hotel experience a 5. But many of us came straight from the airport. It's about $25.00 per person one way to and from the airport using the shuttle. There are 2 airports, but the prices for the rides are only $2.00 difference. Unless you are used to walking in heat, its about a 1/2 mile to the galleria where you can enjoy a variety of dining and shopping experiences. The hotel itself was very nice. Staff was courteous. Rooms were clean. The dining was a bit steep as there was no competition. The only issue we had was that 2 out of the 4 elevators did not work Saturday evening into Sunday morning, so everyone from the convention checking out had a very difficult time getting an elevator.

Room Tip: My wife and I had a king bed and the room was spacious. It had a sectional sofa and chair. i'm...
Dear Armen D,

I would like to say thank you for taking time out of your schedule to leave such great feedback about our hotel. This is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you found the Super Shuttle to be beneficial to your traveling needs as we like to make sure all of our guests are accommodated to even if it it’s something that we do not necessarily provide. I am also thrilled to hear that you were able to experience our wonderful hospitality staff as well as your room and amenities. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our elevators and reassure you that this issue has been resolved. We really hope to have you visit with us again.

Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I've stayed here twice and had an average experience one time and a pretty good experience the other time. Out of all the places I've stayed in the galleria this is one of the more comfortable and convenient hotels. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. However, there was some plumbing issues and everything my neighbor turned their water on my entire room would vibrate. They have a coffee shop in the lobby that is great for a morning cup of coffee. Although, I do wish there was an in room coffee maker.

Overall, pretty decent experience and I would recommend a stay here if a quiet and comfortable night stay is what you're needing.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear atxtravelinman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your much valued feedback. This is a great tool to help us learn and grow. I am elated to hear that we are one of the most convenient hotels for you here in the Galleria. We do actually offer the Keurig’s in each room for your coffee convenience so I apologize if there was not one available to you during your stay. It was our pleasure having you here and we really hope to see you again in the near future.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

As a member of the HWCOC Social Committee, we hosted an open networking social at this hotel. All of the staff was very attentive and accommodating. The chamber attendees were very pleased with the location, service, and overall welcoming staff. The hotel is beautiful and I would recommend the Royal Sonesta for all of your catering events.

Room Tip: I did not stay in the guest room so cannot comment. If the guest rooms are anything like the public...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Ruth M,

I would like to take the time out to thank you for leaving your much valued feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled that you were able to experience our magnificent hospitality as we truly love what we do here. It was our pleasure having you all and we hope to see you here in the near future.

Carrollton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel is downtown and solves the parking problem with it's own gated parking garage with an attendant. I negotiated the rate to only $99.00/ night with complimentary parking! Very nice lobby with a quick and friendly check in. The included WIFI was a bit slow but adequate for my needs. If faster speeds are needed upgrades are available for a fee. The bed was very comfortable and room had it's own thermostat to control the temp. Small fridge and safe are in the room. My wife liked some of the "extra touches" like the nice liquid soap, shampoo & conditioner dispensers attached to the inside wall of the shower instead of a little soap bar and tiny bottles of shampoo most places have. She pointed out high end lotions on the bathroom counter, nice big towels and bath robes hanging in the closet. The room was very clean and had a Kurig coffee maker with coffee for the morning. A nice feature that was different is one of the night stands had a motion activated light at it's base (floor level) so if you get up at night to use the restroom the light shined along the floor so you could see without disturbing your spouse.
There were three negatives of which the first two didn't affect us. The desk phone didn't work. The bathroom phone didn't work. Not a problem for us because the phone next to the bed did work and our cell phones worked. The third could have been a "disaster". My wife noticed immediately that the toilet paper roll was almost empty and there was no backup! Thankfully a call to housekeeping solved that problem in minutes. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Stokinoak,

I would like to start off by thanking you for leaving such amazing feedback about our hotel as we truly value your opinion. I am extremely delighted that you were able to enjoy our newly renovated hotel as well as our marvelous amenities. I’m happy to hear that you found our motion activated light quite impressive, we really wanted to give the room a special touch and thought this would be a special personal feature for our guests. I do apologize on the behalf of my staff and I for not proactively taking care of your needs and I reassure you that we will look into ways to prevent this from happening in the future. I am beyond excited that you will be back to visit us and we are all looking forward to welcoming you with open arms.

Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We hadn't stayed in many hotels in Houston as we lived there for twenty years and didn't need lodging. As we returned for a brief visit on business I picked a hotel based on location, price, and appearance based on web site pictures. We were not there very long, but it was a great find, with friendly service, modern accommodations, great views of the downtown or Galleria skyline, and a great pool. The parking garage was roomy and close. The reception area was interesting and efficient. The bar seemed to be popular. Our room was wonderful and well maintained. I wish I had longer to explore the hotel, but we had to leave the next morning. It was convenient to everything; the Galleria, the Medical Center, Downtown, major highways. The price was exceptional and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Either direction is good. Ask for Galleria if you want that, but we wanted downtown. Upper floors ha...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Mark P,

Thank you so much for leaving your much valued feedback about our hotel as we use this as a tool to help us learn and grow. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy not only our hospitality and accommodations, but our amenities and public spaces as well. we truly worked hard during our recent renovation and it is beyond satisfying to know that our guests are enjoying it. Thank you again for your amazing critique and we cannot wait to have you stay with us again.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We hosted our wedding anniversary party at Royal Sonesta and everything was perfect. The room and hotel was modern, the food was outstanding and the staff was excelent! We highly recommend this hotel. Rooms were lovely as well - comfy and large beds!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear AshleyG888,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to leave such amazing comments about out Hotel. I am so appreciative that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us here at The Royal Sonesta, it was our pleasure to have you here. We're beyond thrilled that you were able to enjoy your significant moment and Congratulations from the Royal Sonesta Family! We cannot wait to have you stay with us again and will be anxiously awaiting to welcome you with open arms.

Jeff Fuller

Been to Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston? Share your experiences!