“Worth the trip” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

First time to this hotel visiting family. Definitely deserves 4 star rating. Great amenities in the rooms including recessed night lights, built in shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel dispensers. Also had comfy robes. The bed and bedding was great. All personnel were very nice and responsive. Within less than 10 minute walk to Galleria. Great coffee shop in the hotel and wonderful restaurant with reasonable prices. They charge for self-parking in a covered garage ($16/day) or valet ($27/day). Seems to be family and business friendly. Very quiet room with black out curtains. This will be my first choice when I return to Houston.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Arvin M, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear NiftyGrammy,

Thank you for leaving such kind words about our hotel, it is much appreciated. I am excited that you were able to stay at our hotel and experience our amenities and great staff. We cannot wait to have you visit us again.

Arvin Missick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights, and enjoyed each and everyone. Staff was friendly and helpful. Couldn't turn a corner without someone wanting to help you get around the hotel. The resturant was great, and the breakfast buffet was soooooo good. Exspecially the cook to order omelets. The bar area was really nice and busy , GREAT drinks also. I will be back real soon whether its business or just because. oh and how cold I forget ...CLOSE TO ALL THE SHOPPING AREAS in the GALLERIA. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Monte H, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Demih01,

Thank you so much for leaving this wonderful feedback. I am so thrilled that you were able to experience our wonderful staff as they really enjoy what they do. Our food and drinks our definitely one of a kind and it's nice to know that you enjoyed it. We are definitely looking forward to your next stay with us.

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Got a great deal on this hotel for a road trip my husband and I took, and we had a blast! Upon check in we were graciously given free parking and two vouchers for the breakfast buffet the next morning...not sure why, but it was a great addition to our stay. The room was beautiful with great bedding. Very close to the galleria mall which is great if shopping is your thing. They had some conventions going on while we stayed which made the place very lively. They had a very nice lobby coffee shop and cocktail bar. The cocktails were yummy and they gave everyone cute little bar munchies. The only draw back is the pool was closed for renovations, but I assume they need it ready for summer so they have to work on it sometime. We had a wonderful stay and would return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SeizeTheMoment,

I would like to take the time out to thank you for leaving your feedback, it is much appreciated. I am glad to hear that our front office staff played a part in making your stay so wonderful. Unfortunately our pool was closed for renovation, but once it reopens you will be amazed and I really hope you get the chance to experience it. We are anxiously awaiting your next visit.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Friendly staff at the front desk and in the coffee café in the lobby. Updated rooms with a contemporary look but very comfortable. Nice bathroom and large soft towels. I enjoyed the bed soft but supportive it was hard to want to get up in morning. The bar area in the lobby was spacious and friendly. There is a parking fee for the garage but al large hotels in this area have a fee. Self park $16 in and out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear TommyD123_13,

Thank you so much for taking time out you leave this wonderful feedback as it is greatly appreciated. I am so happy that you were pleased with our superb staff as they work hard to make sure our guests feel like they can relax and enjoy their stay. Thank you for your kind words about our property as we just came out of a renovation and take pride in our new hotel. We cannot wait for your next stay with us.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I spent four nights at this hotel and honestly, I didn't have a single complaint. I deliberately watched out for complaints other people might have had, and no, I didn't experience them. The staff were impeccably nice and courteous. Concierge, guest services, in-room dining, all of them were awesome. My bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was always great and I had a really restful time staying at the hotel. Plus it was thankfully close to the Galleria. I would stay there again and again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Monte H, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Shadekadir,

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback as it means a lot to my team and I. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and even more excited that you were able to experience our wonderful staff. They really do enjoy making guests such as yourself feel like their right at home. We cannot wait for you to join us again.

The Burg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Upon arriving, hotel staff was friendly. Any concerns we had were taking care off promptly. Breakfast was very good and our room had a nice view of the freeway and galleria. Enjoyed our stay! Wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel for our next trip here.

• Stayed December 2013
Monte H, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Randolph T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback as it is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled to hear that you would stay with us again and we as a team are definitely looking forward to giving you a warm welcome upon your return.

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We will never stay here again. For the record, if we ever attend a conference that is held here again...the Extended stay is right behind the Sonesta and is closer for walking to the mall or other shopping.
COMPLAINTS
WIFI/Internet...no connection or lost connection half the time...no issues before or after!
Expensive...NO breakfast or even complimentary water!
Valet parking at $27 a day or park off premises.
Wall in front of toilet; hit your head or knees on the wall...very hard to navigate.
The bathroom floor obviously isn't cleaned often. It is tile and was dirty.
Upon arrival, no shampoo, no soap, no kleenex.
Asked for pillow and blanket..asked for hand towels and got washcloths.
NO Amenities! No breakfast, not even water! Water was $7 per bottle in the room and $5 in the coffee shop.
Window washer or repair men (couldn't tell what they were doing) were outside our window all days of our stay. They prepped everyday right in front of our window. One of the days (Thursday)I saw a man facing our window appearing to be looking at our window but I'm sure I was just uncomfortable with him being out there unexpectedly when coming out of the restroom! After that I kept the curtains closed.

Housekeeping used limited English and I had trouble communicating with them.
Housekeeping left the door unlatched after cleaning for several hours. My possessions were unprotected. We had noticed the door didn't latch right the first time we left the room. The door actually did not close completely if you let it close on it's own. I left our room at 10:00 am (Friday)and housekeeping was cleaning the room next door. I returned at 2:00 and my room door was unlatched.

I did not report these things to the front desk because they were completely unapproachable.

Positive comments...
The concierge was helpful in directing me to the mall while my husband was in HCSS workshops even though I didn't pay extra as I was told I would have to upon check in.

Servers in the bar area and in the coffee shop were very nice and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear colleen1978,

I would like to first thank you for taking time out of your schedule to leave this helpful feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would really like another chance to make this up to you. We indeed do have valet parking, however, we also have self-parking as an option which is right in our parking garage with easy access to the lobby followed by guest hotel rooms. Unfortunately, we do not have complimentary breakfast, but we do have a restaurant and room service for breakfast options as well as our new Launch cafe for a quick snack. I will definitely look into you being told that you would have to pay additional for the concierge services as this is a completely free option for our guest. We would really like to make any inconvenience up to and would love for you to call me, Arvin Missick at (713) 627-7600 ext. 2809 upon possibly visiting with us again. We very much so value you as a guest.

Arvin Missick

Been to Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston? Share your experiences!