“Good Hotel with Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 West Loop South, Houston, TX 77027   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #30 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Llanymynech, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel with Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here on business for a total of 5 nights over two separate periods. The hotel which used to be owned by the Intercontinental appears to have under gone a internal facelift. Check in was very efficient and the staff very helpful and pleasant. Rooms are large enough by US standards although the bathroom is relatively small as is the wardrobe. The Double/King size bed is comfortable and clean with the WiFi being very reliable. TV channels are wide selection but no on demand services. I would recommend that the Hotel consider updating TV hardware to the larger LCD type from the existing CRT type, also they should consider replacing basic alarm clocks with more iPod/iPad docking charging stations. Breakfast was a good experience the staff are attentive and very courteous, food is well prepared with Buffet style and menu options available. Parking at the hotel can be a problem if the hotel is being used to host for a big function. Check out was quick and efficient.

Room Tip: Hotel has a new coffee shop in the main reception and bar area. Good selection of food with good cof...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Arvin M, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Jt5806,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review to let us know you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Sonesta Houston.

Arvin Missick 713-627-7600, ext. 2809

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed here because the Houstonian was booked up, the only room I could get into cost 503/night plus taxes there is no gym when I went to the front desk and asked they said I had to go to LA fitness which was fine other than I was not offered a ride in the hotel shuttle and had to return to my room get keys and drive myself to find the gym, when I checked in I wanted to self-park and no one was at the gate to give me a ticket and let me in I drove back to the front desk twice before someone was sent to the guard hose to get into the parade. There wasn’t even a valet attendant available to help. For a hotel charging the amount they did I found some of the staff unprofessional. Doubt I will return, and I travel to Houston once a month on business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Arvin M, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Derr46,

Thank you for submitting this review. Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent visit. Please rest assured that we have addressed the issues and are working on solutions. We hope to welcome you back in the future to demonstrate to you the quality of both our product and service.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have always loved this hotel for business and leisure travel. The Houston location has recently gone through renovations and is even better than before. Hotel is always booked so don't wait until the last minute to book it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Arvin M, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear MZF131422,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience during your last stay with us at the Royal Sonesta Houston. We are glad that you like the newly renovated hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Sonesta Houston.

Arvin Missick 713-627-7600, ext.2809
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

It takes alot to impress me and this hotel and staff exceeded my expectations!

It was my first time in Houston and I was abit leary of staying at the Royal Sonesta hotel as some reviews stated that the hotel was undergoing renovations. I was worried about the disruption and noise from renovations.

However, Edith C from the Royal Sonesta made checking into the hotel a real pleasure. She was extremely professional and friendly. She found out it was my birthday and provided an upgrade and breakfast. The room was beautiful and spacious. The food in the restaurant delicious. You could not even tell the hotel was under renovation as there was no noise or construction.

I'm an experienced traveler and the service level at this hotel was by far one of the best experiences.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Malachi33,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for submitting this review and providing our team with this wonderful feedback. Edith is a great associate and we agree that she is "extremely professional and friendly". We are glad that she was able to provide a special treat for your birthday. Our restaurant, ARA, makes sure that dining with us is a wonderful experience and we are glad that you thought the food was delicious.

Arvin Missick 713-627-7600, ext.2809
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 10 days and found it close to the places I came to visit, ie the Galleria mall, Lakewood church, NASA and other tourist attractions. There was a mix up at check in and they had no record of my booking, so they offered a free drink in the hotel bar, free continental breakfast and access to the club lounge on the 23rd floor while they sorted it with the holiday company. Apparently it was sorted out but and they issued free breakfast vouchers for the buffet for the next few days.

The best features of the hotel are the location, free wifi, free shuttle within a 3 mile radius and some of the staff. Sven Winkler, the restaurant manager, is particularly amazing. He was very attentive and friendly and offered advice about restaurants.

Others who stood out were Elizabeth the waitress and Jose the concierge who was very knowledgeable about buses and directions. This is important as Houston is expensive when going around in taxis.

If you need to go beyond the 3 Mile shuttle radius at night, I recommended the Houston Wave, a jitney that costs $8 one way. And hit the Cheesecake Factory at the Galleria, although you'll end up as big as the mayor of Toronto

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Farrahpalooza,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review to let us know you had an enjoyable stay with us. We apologize for the reservation mix up but are glad that we were able to resolve the issue in a timely manner. Sven, Elizabeth, and Jose are great associates and we are glad to have them as part of our team because we believe they will help separate us from the other hotels. We look forward to your next stay with us.

global
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Quality Customer Service is a lost art, but these guys seem to have found it! I believe in reading reviews and noticed much disparity about the service. Some complained of the renovation while still acknowledging the quality service. I took a gamble and "WOW". From start to finish I was given the Royal treatment! The "continental breakfast", that included authentic Polish Sausage, was so good I sought to contract the caterer for an upcoming event! The rooms were great, the location was great, but mostly I was treated like they wanted me there. You don't see this much anymore! This is my new Houston FAVORITE!

Room Tip: The lounge experience on the 23rd floor is to die for. Very impressive, and the food is GREAT! Anyt...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Trinity C,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the level of service received during your recent stay with us. We believe everyone should feel as if they are receiving the "Royal Treatment” and we work hard to do everything we can to exceed our guests' needs and expectations. We are glad to hear that you were able to experience our exclusive club lounge. We are honored to be your "new Houston FAVORITE" and look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Sonesta Houston.

Arvin Missick 713-627-7600, ext. 2809

Been to Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston? Share your experiences!