“Complete Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport

You added Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #115 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, United States
“Complete Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Great room, great breakfast, great late night meal (9:30 PM), great bar. The type of full service hotel that you remember from the "old days"! The staff was excellent, very helpful and very knowledgeable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Searcy, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

2/2/14 - We checked in about 4:00 pm and settled into our room. We left an hour or so later, returning about 8:30 pm. The Super Bowl was on when we came back in, so we joined the crowd in the lobby and watched it with them. Went back up to the room around 10:00 pm. About 11:00 pm the front desk called to let us know that a guest had reported that our vehicle had been broken in to.
We were parked directly in front of the main entrance, about 100 feet from the door. There were surveillance cameras on the building, but the General Manager said they were all pointed at the pool, and none of them at the parking lot. The Houston police officer that responded to our call said that he personally had worked about 20 car thefts at this hotel, and had never been able to get any type of surveillance footage from the hotel, and had never seen any type of security.

Since it was raining that night, and my door window had been broken out and the door damaged to the point you could not open it from outside, I asked about a security guard and a trash bag to keep the rain out. I was informed that they did have a security guard but he only worked from midnight to 5:00 am and they did not have any trash bags. At this point it was about 1:00 am and there as no security guard. When he finally arrived, though nice, he did not present as a security guard of anything.

The following morning I was able to schedule the glass replacement and glass removal from my vehicle (the hotel didn't have a broom or vacuum that I could use). They were not able to fix my vehicle until 4:00 pm. I spoke with the GM about a late checkout, and she said that would be fine sine I was a silver level honors member. Starting around 1:30 the harassment started about getting out of the room. I had a business meeting and my wife was subjected to this harassment while I was gone.

I will never stay at this location again. Security for guests should be a concern for a hotel. This one was not concerned. With multiple vandalisms, you would think that a hotel in the Hilton family would take steps to protect it guests and their property.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here January 31, 2014, after our flight was cancelled..Though we were anxious to get home the stay here was comfortable and very clean.The staff was pleasant even after a lot of people were checking in at the same time due to the cancellation. I hated to get out of bed the next morning,,,,the restaurant was pretty good...not the best but it was good...service was great! And they stay open until 10:00 pm ready to feed us weary travelers. I would stay here again if I am ever in the Houston area again.

Room Tip: Wonderful, comfortable rooms...We were on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. The shuttle to the ai...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
cool, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This property is great for a short business trip or someone needing a hotel close to the airport. I found the shuttle to be quite promt. The rooms are clean and comfortable and I was not bothered by noise. There are a number of near by restaurants, although the road is quite busy for walking. The onsite restaurant was mediocre. The conference room was perfect for the needs of our meeting. A very pleasant staff. Overall a good stay and will consider again the next time I am in Houston.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Located close to the airport, and with a courtesy shuttle, this hotel is convenient for business or for just an overnight stay. The hotel property is adjacent to a major artery and close to the flight path for aircraft so at times it can be noisy. There is a restaurant next to the hotel and a small shopping area across the street. For an overnight stay this hotel is reasonably priced and the staff was excellent. The only negative was the bed which seemed to be overly soft, causing a minor backache. Because of the layout of IAH airport and distance between terminals, plan on a few extra minutes for the shuttle service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hughson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Checked in late evening but had a nice, comfortable and quiet stay. Had to take the 4:30 am shuttle to airport. Wasn't able to enjoy the amenities offered. Its very conveniently located by the airport and I wished I could've checked in earlier to take advantage of the amenities for the day. Maybe next time I can sleep in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Elyria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The shuttle never picked me up at the airport-keeping me waiting in below freezing temperatures for over 45 minutes. I finally opted to take a cab. Having spoken with people working at the airport--this seems to be normal for them. Although room service delivered my meal quickly, it was bland. I had expected it to be far better, so rather disappointing. The bed and room were very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!