This hotel would make a perfect stay for a short overnight in the vicinity of Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). The hotel was undergoing renovations during my stay there, however they did not interrupt my rest. There appears to be new carpet and paint being applied to several floors, so there is a bit of that "new carpet" and "new paint" smell when you first enter the hotel. It was not too noticeable on the fifth and sixth floors where I stayed.
Rooms were typical for this level hotel - fairly roomy with either a King size or two Queen size beds. There was a cushiony chair in the corner (a bit stiff for my liking), as well as a desk with chair. The rooms also are equipped with microwaves, and a small bar fridge, and a flat panel TV. There are no safes in the rooms themselves. I found the Wifi to give pretty good speed, and it was easy to log on to. The staff entered my name into their computer by the time I reached my room, so WiFi was available immediately on both days I stayed there.
The bathroom was typical, with shower/tub, etc. Water pressure and temperature were great!
The hotel has its own restaurant, a small workout area, and a half-decent looking pool near the parking lot area.
Our arrival at the airport on both nights of my stay were fairly late (10:00 p.m. one night, and midnight the following night), and the shuttle pickup was a bit slow the first night, as we had not called right away. Even though they say the shuttle leaves the hotel every 30 minutes, I don't think this is the case late at night. The shuttle leaving for the airport the next afternoon was spot on, and did leave promptly at the scheduled time. It was a quick 7 minute ride to the airport. By the way, the shuttle is brand spanking new, and still has that "new vehicle" smell to it.
The only negative I have to say - and it really is not with the hotel - is the location. If you don't have business at the airport or the airport area, or don't have access to a car, this might not be the hotel for you. There really is not much around other than a few (and I mean very few) restaurants (24 hour "Hot Biscuit" next door, a Subway sandwich shop a block or so away, a gas station about 1 kilometre north towards the airport, and that's about it).
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport Hotel Houston
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Houston Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Bush Intercontinental Airport hotel, located two miles south of the airport at the World Houston Business Center on John F. Kennedy Blvd. Our welcoming hotel is situated near prominent businesses including; Siemens, GE Oil & Gas, United Airlines, downtown Houston and the George R. Brown Convention Center. The Reliant Center and the Galleria Mall are all within easy reach of the hotel via major highways and tollways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.