DONE !!! Never going back.....
59 Diner used to be a top choice for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. Good solid food at any meal with a nostalgic soda ship / diner feel.
In my opinion, they are washed up... finished, ruined.
I have had bad experiences the last several times I've been to any locations.. today was the final effort to give a fair chance to a Houston trademark institution.
I went to the location on Katy freeway at Town & Country / Beltway 8 area.
I will break down my food items and problems one by one:
1) Coffee - burned, old and stale
2) Eggs - i ordered egg beaters ( because the eggs frequently have eggshell in them and this is a way to make sure I don't get eggshell ) - I was served regular eggs that weren't even scrambled.. they were broken with a fork, thrown into a skillet and left to cook until the underside was browned and the top was done.. then chopped up and put on a plate.
This is not scrambled.
3) pancakes - so cold they didn't even melt the butter
4) bacon - bacon was good.. crispy and nicely cooked.
5) hash browns... straight from a bag of frozen potatoes, cooked and served totally cold.
6) Gravy - it's not gravy but that's what they call it... it's a yellow blob of what looks EXACTLY like Jello vanilla instant pudding.. and this is TEXAS ??????
DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE GRAVY??
I complained about the eggs.. but nothing was done
I commented on the burned coffee so for a refill I was brought a cup that was very fresh but apparently it was poured before it finished brewing so it was ultra concentrated, which would have been great if the coffee they use wasn't cheap nasty trash.
This place robbed me of another meal, made me angry because they try to pass off this poor quality garbage for food.. they take your money but you DON'T get what you should.
I'm done and I will not be taken for the time, calories and price of a meal at this 'has been' ever again.
Buyer Beware !!!!!!!
If you own or manage 59 Diner - Town & Country, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.