“Recent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Cut Off, LA
“Recent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Great Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms, and great Service. They also provide shuttle service Downtown, which is a very short ride.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oxford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My visit to Texas was not for pleasure. I was there to attend the murder trial for my brother. The staff was very helpful and caring. Our rooms and the hotel were very clean and comfortable. I can not find one thing bad too say. I would like to give a big shout out to Sonny. He drove the shuttle and dropped us off every day and picked us up from the courthouse when we were ready. This took so much stress off us. Houston traffic sticks and he was an awesome navigator:) The hotel went out of there way to help us. If I ever have to return to Houston this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was traveling alone and the employees went out of their way to be helpful. Rooms are spacious well equipped w amenities. I would highly recommend this hotel..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed at the the BW Downtown on two separate business trips in Nov. 2011. The access to downtown is perfect--a 10 minute walk to the office, although the shuttle is availble free of charge. The rooms are a bit larger than average, and the beds and bedding were very comfortable. One thing that struck me is that the place is very quiet--the hallways and stairs were recarpeted recently with heavy underlay and you don't notice people walking up and down the halls. There is a pool and hottub that I did not take advantage of. The complimentary breakfast every morning is great--eggs, bacon, sausage, yoghurt, toast, juice, coffee, etc. In the evening there are complimentary snacks and beverages as well. The high speed internet worked fine; much better than at larger places I've stayed at.

There are many restaurants and pubs nearby and the Galleria is about a 20 min drive. River Oaks is quite close for shopping as well and the theatre district is very close. The Texas Art Supply is about 5 minutes away on Montrose, and on Westheimer about 10 min away there are a bunch of eclectic antique stores that are worth checking out on the weekend.

Access to the airport is very good-- about a 30 minute drive on I-45 with no tolls.

I will definately stay here again. The staff are very friendly and they really do make sure that your stay is comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Parsons, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is my first year to go to with a group of Quilter from southeast Kansas to the International Quilt Festival. We have never stayed in a hotel that was so accommodating. We were glad to see that the shuttle was extended for the weekend to accommodate all of us. Especially me when I forgot my prescription medicine and they were more than happy to take me to the pharmacy! Thanks you Jo, Sonny, John and all the other staff for making my once a year trip the best!!! I hope to you see you next year.

Parsons, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I travel with several friends (we're from a small town) for a "girl's weekend" once a year to big-city Houston for the International Quilt Festival. We have stayed at the Best Western Downtown for the last 8 years and have always had a great stay! We've found the staff (Jo, Sonny, John & all the others) more than willing to help us out in any way they can. We especially appreciated the extended weekend shuttle this year!

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We were greeted upon arrival by a nice man named Sonny, He assured us that we would be able to use the shuttle to and from the Houston International Quilt Festival. That was a load off our minds as 5 women trying to get a taxi might be a hard thing to do.
We had a wonderful continental breakfast consisting of bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, waffles, bagels, toast, Danish, fruit, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, a juice bar with orange, grape apple and cranberry, They had 3 kinds of coffee, teas, and bottled water.What more could you ask for
Although the weather turned a little cold while we were there, the hot tub was a welcome comfort on tired, achy feet upon returning from the Quilt show.
The desk clerk Jo was helpful. One of our ladies had forgotten her prescription and John was nice enough to take us to a pharmacy to get it refilled.
The beds were awesome with 4 pillows, down comforters and sheets that were not only soft but smelled sooooooooo clean. We had bottled water and cookies left for us each day.
This hotel is very clean and I would recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor. It was pretty quiet and accessible