“OMG this place is perfect.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Houston FM 1960/I-45

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Houston FM 1960/I-45 to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Houston FM 1960/I-45
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   609 FM 1960 West, Houston, TX 77090   |
Ranked #249 of 451 hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“OMG this place is perfect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel so much I want to buy a room and just live here. Very nice and wonderful staff. Hotel is quiet,clean,soft and comfortable king size bed and satellite HD TV. Spacious bathroom,refrigerator, coffee maker,microwave and cold air conditioning. I highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I traveled to Houston without a hotel room booked. I came across this property at about 12:30 a.m. and checked to see the availability and price. All they had that was non-smoking was a double queen. It was about $70 which worked for me since it was so late. The woman at the reservation desk was very friendly. I got up to my room expecting to see dirt and bugs. To my pleasant surprise, the room was quite clean. It had a really nice flat-screen TV, a desk, couch, table, and dresser. I was on the second floor, and the window looking outside had two huge spiderweb cracks in it. Regardless, I felt safe. The breakfast was limited and the waffles were nasty. I took one bite and spit it out as it tasted like the batter had gone sour. Bottom-line: It was last minute, it was relatively clean, nobody bothered me, I slept well, the room was quiet, it was close to a lot of places to eat and shop, and the staff was friendly. If I was planning a visit to Houston, I would probably look for another place to stay. If I was in the same situation (last-minute hotel searching) I would make a b-line to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Los Alamos, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

A nice, very quiet hotel, which is definitely a "plus" in Houston. The hotel is at 3 minutes drive from the highway, but far enough from the main streets so that the rooms are very quiet. The swimming pool is relatively dark, but open until relatively late. The rooms are very clean, and the staff is very nice and helpful. You can choose from bread, bagels, waffles and fruits for breakfast, which is ok, although the breakfast room is very small and if the hotel is full you might have to share a table. Anyway, a good value for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The first thing that drew me to this hotel was the price. Second, the fact that it had an indoor pool and hot tub. Third, the location (15 minutes away from the houston zoo and the downtown aquarium). The room is a regular room, but we only used the room to sleep anyway. In the day we were out and about enjoying the city. On the way "home", we would grab something to eat (walking distance to a lot of different foods and shops), and spend our night in the pool/hot tub area. The pool and hot tub were exceptionally clean, and were a great way to wind down from all that walking each day. We woke up to breakfast downstairs each morning, and then back off to the poolside that opened at 7am. I stayed 2 days during spring break, and wish I would have booked for longer. I would definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manhattan Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for a 3 day business trip and was pleasantly surprised. As always, I read the reviews and have concern with some of the negative comments, but as the old saying goes, "You can't please everyone." The front desk was terrific and friendly and went out of their way to answer my questions and direct me to good eateries, gym, etc. My room was very comfortable and spotless and housekeeping even asked me if I would like anything else. Nice amenities and free wireless, comfortable bed and quiet. Also, felt safe and secure during my stay. Yes, there is some room construction on the first floor with noise during the day, so that may be an issue for some. Great value for the inexpensive rate. There's also an indoor pool, which I did not use but looked very inviting. And, a lot of great restaurants within walking distance. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but it is a very well managed budget property and the management is doing a great job. It will be my hotel of choice when I return to Houston for business. Only down side, no coffee maker in the room which I like, but I visited a nearby thrift shop and bought one for $5.00!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Galveston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of nights to visit my mom down the street in the hospital. It's was cheap and convenient. I previously stayed at a different motel across the street for the same low price. I thought I would try this one since it offered complimentary breakfast and has an indoor pool. The room was not as nice but they are under a renovation. I was put in a room as far away from the work but that's all during the day and I was just sleeping there. The room was large with a king bed, couch, mini fridge, and microwave. The check in price was $60 but listed on Internet for $45. They honored the Internet price and saved me $30. This is a typical low cost place and got what I expected and was comfortable with. If you want fancy then go elsewhere and pay a lot more. I was neither disappointed or impressed. I would stay here again if necessary but I hope I don't have to because that would mean my mom is back in the hospital.

• Stayed January 2013
Glen Rose, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean and cheap room, this is it. Thin sheets, no shampoo, but cold air. Was afraid to use swimming pool. Security cameras in parking lot were shot out.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Houston FM 1960/I-45? Share your experiences!