“Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dublin
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Food selection was superb, so was the food itself. The staff was very helpful and polite.I especially enjoyed the humor of the waitress serving our table, she was funny and entertained the whole table. Will come back here!

Visited April 2014

Cypress, Texas
“You don't have to be tall to enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Yes, this is Yao Ming's parents restaurant. They have an "American" menu and "Chinese" menu. I, being American, and not too adventurous, order off of the American menu. I had the schezuan eggplant the other day - so good. My son loves the walnut shrimp - sweet and delicious. Their infused teas are fun and yummy. We reserved a private room a couple of years ago for a family function and it was perfect.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pearland, Texas
“Good food and good service at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

A lot of Yao and Rockets fans like to come here for nostalgia reasons, but I'll keep this review centered around what is important....which is the food! Its has all the standard Hunan type dishes that you know and love (as most Chinese restaurants have) as well as some specialties which I hear are good. I usually get the standard pepper steak or General Tsao's chicken when I go.

The food has always been good and fresh and the service has always been prompt and attentive every time I have been there. The price is pretty much in line with most other Chinese places in Houston...so it is neither overpriced or under priced. I have only been during lunch so I am not sure what the dinner menu and service are like. The lunch specials do come with soup and an egg roll.

If you are in the Westchase area of Houston and want some Chinese cuisine, I would say to stop by and give it a try!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pagudpud, Philippines
“Nice Peking Duck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We decided to try the duck, not as good as that I had in Beijing but hey its Houston and it was okay, crispy skinned, not overcooked, the pancakes were a little thicker than we liked but all in all okay given its hard to get duck in Houston. We also had a combination fried rice and took home for lunch. We also tried appetizer of crab wontons, also okay, service was excellent so all in all worth going back

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Darlington, England, United Kingdom
“Is it me or is this worse”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I do not remember this restaurant being this bad ...
but ...
we ate in the restaurant ... 4 people
we ordered Peking duck ... everything was bad ... pancakes soggy, duck skin was not crispy, plum sauce was tasteless ... oh wait the cucumber was OK ...

Main dish .. I ordered my "tester" dish "Salt & Pepper Shrimp" ... this was the worst tasting I have had in a LOOONNNNGGGG time ... no salt and pepper taste at all just deep fried ...

Service : AWFUL ... kept having to search for our server. The originally put us on a table that would have struggled to seat two people ... have these servers never sat down to a chinese meal ... we had to ask to move to a table where we could place the meal for us to share ... (shakes head in disbelief)

Wine : was actually quite good

However, there must be better places than this ...

DISAPPOINTED