“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Galtur, Austria
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

the idea of having pizza with indian toppings made me curious. can't describe how much i loved that food! just go there and try it. Tipp: next door is an ice cream place where you get your perfect desert!

Visited June 2012

SF Bay Area, CA
“Flavorful pizza - Will return, again and again....Yes, Indian on Pizza works”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had dinner last week with a friend from work. Arrived about 6:45pm just before happy hour ended (at 7p). 8" pizza's were $5.00....we ordered 3 (pictures below). Beverages were also on sale. The pizza was fabulous. Three 8" pizza's were plenty for two, any more would have been too much. Flavorful and tasty. Can't wait to go back on my next trip to Houston. Worth walking a few blocks out of your way.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Great Lunch or Supper spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love Bombay Pizza. They have such tasty fresh food. Made to order and highly spiced so you can enjoy the authentic flavors of the Indian cuisine. the staff works hard to make sure you are happy and I like service like that.
I suggest going our on a limb and trying some of their more unusual combinations. I have enjoyed everything I ever ordered from their menu and have some favorites. the Saag Paneer pizza is very tasty and is one I can always rely on to satisfy my greens need. The Johnny Boy is very unusual with the combination of schezwan sauce cabbage and mozzarella cheese.

The pizzas have very thin crusts, and really are more like flat bread than pizza dough. But the crust compliments the toppings very well. I suggest some Gulab Jamun for dessert but their dessert bars are equally tasty and easier to travel with.

They have indoor and outdoor seating, and with their location on Main street its a great place to people watch.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Unexpected gem in the heart of downtown Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went for Happy Hour in early January 2013. Had Slumdog and Hawaiian pizzas. Although they looked quite different from what we usually expect from pizza, they were absolutely delicious. Fresh and spicy! The tab was also very reasonable -- about $20 for two pizzas and two beers.

Visited January 2013
Houston, Texas
“Something different (and awesome) downtown on the Metro rail line!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We're trying to sample more of what Houston has to offer, food-wise, so we set off toward downtown not having an idea of where we were going to end up. Yelp helped us find the Bombay Pizza Company, which was awesome! WE LOVE PIZZA! The pizzas consist of Indian toppings on a very thin cracker-like crust, which was great. My husband had the Taste of Bombay pizza with tandoori chicken (awesome) and I had the saag paneer pizza, also very yummy. They have a solid selection of beer (and hard cider, yay) and we finished dinner with the gulab jamun, which is a dessert made of balls of sweet dough, fried (I think) and then served in a sweet thin syrup. It was delicious! The wait staff was attentive but in a casual, not-bothering-you kind of way; they made sure you had what you needed and then left you to it. It's a small joint at the corner of San Jacinto and Walker Streets downtown, right on the light rail line, so if you're at the Medical Center or West University area, you could hop the Metro rail downtown for lunch, which I intend to do the next time I'm out at Rice doing research all day. We will definitely be back to try the kati rolls!

• Visited December 2012