“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Spring, Tx
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

First time eating here. Hostess was very nice and we were seated immediately without reservations. However our server was far from friendly and the service was poor. After ordering drinks they(the drinks) came to the table two at a time with a few minutes in between. When serving our entrees mine was the last to come 5 to 7 minutes after everyone else had started eating. We asked for parmesan cheese 3 times and never received it. They also mixed up the orders and someone started eating my order. (I hadn't received mine yet). She had never eaten there before so she didn't know what it was supposed to look like since everything we ordered was pasta! The server was aware of the confusion but never offered an apology. The food was very good, however $23 to $29 for a medium size bowl of pasta with no salad or bread was WAY OVERPRICED!!!!

• Visited June 2013

Stourbridge UK
“Good food but administration in dark ages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had a lovely meal with friends and family, in this stylish establishment, good decor, pleasant and fairly swift service, but when it comes to asking for separate bills it's a definite no-no.
In all other places they are only too pleased to offer this simple facility, but not in Coppa Houston.
Told by server that their system does not allow this to be done. In my experience it's the server who inputs the information into the system as separate items, and "Hey Presto" separate bills are produced. It resulted in a lengthy adding up of all the items and working it out by us THE CUSTOMER. It rather ruined my last evening in Houston on holiday from UK. It was more than an embarrassment to say the least, and needless to say when visiting Houston next time this establishment will not be on the list of "must do" again.

• Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“Continues to be a joy...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved the brick chicken- I had it with polenta, which was the best I've ever had! Our guest had potato ravioli and was rhapsodic as she has gluten disease. I agree about the noise and the waiters' appearance- we are all in the business- but quickly ignored both in our happiness with the food.

Will go again!

Houston
“Outstanding food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

If I were in my 30's, I'd probably rate this place a "5", but between heavily-tattooed servers and an extremely high noise level, it's got to be downgraded to a "4". Their food, on our one visit, was simply outstanding, and we sampled a little of everything, from the highly-recommended spaghetti alla carbonara to lasagna, spaghetti with the lightest meatballs I've ever eaten, pizza, and one other entree. Our apps included only one disappointment, which was an octopus carpaccio, which had virtually no flavor; everything else we ordered was simply sensational.

Our kids and granddaughter loved it, but we found the noise level, even on a Sunday night, to be a little high for us.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and Great service! Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went here with my wife to try something new! We were not disappointed! The food was delicious and my drink was never empty!