“best kept secret” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 452 Hotels in Houston
Lafayette, Louisiana
“best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

i hate to let this one out, really. i hope they dont get overbooked and i lose a room!
however, as a professional "road warrior", i stay in hotels an average of 7 nights per month. I joined the WR program as I saw it as a means to recoup some expense in these tough times (an excellent program so far). I have stayed at this hotel over a dozen times and I can say without a doubt (1) Wyndham should be proud, (2) the staff is well above par for most budget priced hotels, and (3) the owner/manager is involved in his business, he truly cares about his customer satisfaction. This hotel is close to an abundant number of conveniences such as restaurants/stores, and traffic is a breeze in and out. Well lit, and safe, and CLEAN! This is also one of the BETTER breakfast offerings you will find for a Super-8, really good! Very nice. 2 Thumbs waaay up. (Oh yeah, and this is important for many, the Hi-Speed internet tested at 10 + on the dnload via Speed-Test, really GOOD wifi!)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GM_Super8nasa, General Manager at Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your review and joining the Wyndham Rewards Program. We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again on your future visits to the area at our hotel.

Vic Bhakta, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Paid the extra $5 for a suite and was definitely worth it. King bed was great with the extra foam padding. Breadkfast was nice as was the staff. Very clean and well maintained. Only drawback was the hot tub was not heated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
jbaum64,

Thank you for your review. We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us and got plenty of rest on that bed! we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again during your futrure visits.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Excellent place to stay particularly if you are visiting the Space center (only 2-3 mins drive). Rooms are large and very clean, breakfast was good and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful -great recommendations for evening meal. Superb value for money.
Michael B

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Michael B,

Thank you for your review. We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We all Hope to see you the next time you visit the area.
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stopped in to inquire about rooms, and they offered me king suite for around $55. I asked to go see the room before paying. It was a nonsmoking room, but upon entering, it had a very strong smoke smell. Almost overpowering. I just figured that this was an anomaly and requested to see another nonsmoking room. It smelled the exact same way, so I thanked them for their time and headed for another nearby hotel.

If you are a smoker, have no sense of smell or cigarette smoke doesn't bother you, then you may do fine here, but I know that I would have had a very bad night's sleep trying to breathe in there.

I was pleased with the front desk staff, however, who were very accommodating and happy to let me try other rooms.

Room Tip: Nonsmoking rooms may have strong smoke smell.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
KiwiUsa,
Thank you for your review. I apologaize for the smell, we try our hardest to prevent this type of situation. But with the elements at the doorstep, it is a constant battle. I appreciate your feedback, and we will work harder to make sure these types of inconveniences do not alter our guests thoughts on our hotel

Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I travel to this area frequently and always stay at this hotel. The rooms are big and are always very clean. The hotel is in a great location, right off the freeway and close to everything. Ive been there during the week and on weekends and it always stays very quiet. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The best thing about this hotel is the rates!!! I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
GM_Super8nasa, General Manager at Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write us a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to

focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the

future.

contact me directly at 281-333-5385 Vic Bhakta - Super 8 Houston/NASA.
Kingwood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I needed a place to stay for a couple of days while I was visiting Space Center and Kemah. I was impressed with the size of the room and the very reasonable rates. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I travel to Clear Lake area regularly and will stay here again....The room was extremely quiet which is a huge plus for me......

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

future.

contact me directly at 281-333-5385 Vic Bhakta - Super 8 Houston/NASA.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Nothing fancy here, but it's clean, quiet, and quite comfortable. I've stayed at this place twice this year and my experiences were consistent. It is a little hard to get to because it's on a frontage road near a somewhat confusing intersection, but that's OK. I was very impressed with the free internet wifi which, often at these small hotels, is weak and attached to a pitifully slow line. Maybe it was the room I was in (which I think was almost the same both times), but my wifi connection was easy to make, strong, and the internet line was actually very fast. Having good connectivity means a lot to me, and at least at this place, it was thumbs way up. I found the check-in to be pleasant, with accommodating staff. Breakfast bar nothing fancy, but quite adequate, with a range of foods.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, in the middle of the west side.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly my name is Vic Bhakta from Super 8 Houston/NASA and you can reach me at 281-333-5385.

Been to Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area? Share your experiences!