“Good food and more” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sorrel Urban Bistro - CLOSED

Sorrel Urban Bistro
2202 West Alabama Street, Houston, TX 77098 (Greenway/ Upper Kirby)
+1 713-677-0391
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Cross street: Kirby, Greenbriar
Description: Born out of a shared vision to bring affordable farm-to-table dining to Houston, restaurateur Ray Salti and Executive Chef Soren Pedersen have collaborated to create Sorrel Urban Bistro, a casually elegant, fresh design featuring an ever-changing blackboard menu of organically focused cuisine. Sorrel represents the second culinary collaboration between Salti and Pedersen, who also are partners at Ray’s Grill, a highly-lauded farm-to-table concept in Fulshear, TX, 20 miles West of Houston. In addition to a diverse daily menu selection featuring local organically grown produce and meat, sustainable fish and wild game, Sorrel offers a charcuterie bar with a wide variety of salami, sausages and prosciutto, both imported and housemade, along with artisan Texas cheeses, handcrafted breads and more. Beverage service includes seasonally inspired cocktails, artisanal beers and 200 plus wines (25 percent organic.) At Sorrel, it's about enjoying a culinary experience.
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Good food and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had a delightful meal at Sorrel. You have to ask for salt (which I always do) and you should, just to see the three colors of salt they bring. The herbed/vegetable oils they bring with the bread are also a delight. The service is excellent and the food is presented so as to be pleasing to the eye and palate. We asked for a recommendation on the wine and were not disappointed and it is actually fairly reasonably priced. The shrimp bisque was very good and the main dishes were lovely. The portions were very satisfying, without being too much. Next time I hope to be able to save room for dessert. My only complaint is a matter of personal preference and that was that it was very noisy. I know that is equated with fun these days, but I do like to be able to talk and hear.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

great healthy food. Excellent for business lunches. I liked the salad and the Salmon. I like the idea of healthy organic food.

Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“Excellent restaurant and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This place knows how to do it right. Great menu, wonderful and fairly priced wine list run by real professionals. A delight to dine here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Lovely place to meet an old friend for brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I met an old friend for brunch and we both ate very simply. One entree each and shared the bread pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I ordered the chicken pot pie and I can honestly say I have never had so many wonderful tastes bursting through a chicken pot pie. At first, when we were served I thought this would not be enough, but it was and we had the most wonderful server named Wes S. Thanks, Wes!

Visited August 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Glad we tried it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went on a Saturday late afternoon, before the dinner rush and it was perfect.... From the service to the innovative cocktails and of course the food! You must try the mussels in curry with golden raisins.... Divine ! Will definitely be our first stop on our next trip to Houston .

• Visited August 2012