“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #149 of 457 Hotels in Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
OVERLAND PARK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great and reasonably priced place to stay. I especially enjoyed how convenient it was to the major highways since I was traveling downtown to work everyday. Lots of great restaurants close by too. I really liked the open feeling of the lobby area where they served a complimentary breakfast every morning with hot and cold food options. The room was very big and even with a queen bed, there was room enough for a desk, recliner, couch, small frig amd microwave. A great place to come back to in the afternoon and work and then rest. Overall my stay was wonderful and would certanly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Bronx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel was convienently located to my family in Cypress. The beds were very clean and comfortable, however they need to replace the recliner chair, its appearance looks dirty and worn. I picked the hotel because it also offered breakfast. And with small children the convienence was needed, however it was the worst breakfast experience I have had.. The waffle machine needs to be replaced, because it did not cook the waffles completely and they were soft and doughie. The orange juice was watered down and the cranberry juice was water with pink coloring, horrible. The apples were dried and by 7am there were no other fruits (no bananas) I stayed 4 days, however after the first horrible breakfast, my family and I went out to nearby Denny's for breakfast. They need to improve their breakfast or just don't offer it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

wingatemanager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
First of all, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do want to apologized for the inconvenience you had with our breakfast. I wanted to let you know that the waffle machine has been replace. Your opinion if very important to us.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Very pleasant stay. Personnel friendly & accommodating. Excellent variety for free breakfast. Good healthy choices. Hot tub felt so good after traveling so far. I am limited in abilities to be mobile. Was extremely happy to see an elevator. Look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed August 2012
I'm extremely happy you enjoyed your stay at the Wingate by Wyndham. Thank you for your comment.
Joaquin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at the Wingate for one night due to our flight out of Houston being cancelled. Tiffeney at the front desk was very helpful and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The Shuttle Service to and from the airport was excellent - even when we changed times for them to pick us up after waiting to try to fly standby....The hotel staff that we encountered were all friendly, helpful and extremely nice. The room was spacious, clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. Wide variety of choices for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Land O Lakes, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My company placed us in this property as our preferred was sold out. When I entered the hotel I was greeted with a strong smell of floor polish. Not a good first impression. Check in was quick and efficient, and the young lady behind the desk was pleasant. This goes a long way toward making a stay enjoyable, so I commend Wingate for hiring good staff.

When I entered my room it had that faint stale smoke smell, the one where you suspect attempts have been made to cover, as opposed to deep clean. I checked my pillows, which smelled ok (my litmus test) so I didn't change rooms. I found other evidence of a lack of cleanliness, but nothing major - until the next morning.

I happened to look up at the ceiling in the bathroom and found it covered in mold and mildew - which explained the chest congestion I developed overnight. Had I noticed this the evening before I would have demanded a different room or hotel. I took pictures and shared them with the desk manager as I checked out.

The breakfast was just ok. Fruit was canned compote and unripe bananas. The coffee, surprisingly, tasted pretty good.

Unfortunately I will refuse to stay in this property in the future.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
wingatemanager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
First of all, I want to apologized for this inconvenience you had at our property. This problem is already taken care of. A few days back from your check in, we found out one exhaust fan was not working which cause a few rooms to have the same issue, therefore we put those rooms out out of order. Unfortunately, this room came back to the market and my staff did not notice that this room was not ready yet and rented the room. Thank you for notifying us about the problem. Once again, my sincere apologies.
Old Lyme, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here only one night, but after our less than stellar couple of nights at the Marriott near the medical center downtown, this was a welcome surprise.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. the staff friendly and courteous. Not too many guests at the hotel, so didn't have any noise issues.

We were there for a Monday night and they had "happy hour" with complimentary snacks, wine and beer. Nothing fancy, but a nice gesture. Breakfast the next morning was good, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. etc. plenty to eat.

Nice to have a small kitchenette area w/ micro, fridge, coffee maker & sink.

Parking was convenient with a gas station right down the road towards the airport (convenient for filling up the rental car)

Overall I would recommend this hotel as an excellent value, especially if you need to be near the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook? Share your experiences!