“The best customer service I have ever experienced anywhere I have been. Amazing experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 South Braeswood Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #327 of 468 Hotels in Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I am a property manager for an apartment community in Pensacola, Fl. Customer service is the number one thing that I look for. I am here with my mother for cancer treatments and because of the great deal of customer service provided by this manager and staff, I have made the decision to move to Houston. This is by far the best experience, kind, and caring of staff I have ever received. Thank you so much for making this difficult situation an amazing experience.

Kindest regards,
Brandi Barton

• Stayed April 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd., responded to this review, July 18, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. -Braeswood Blvd.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Deep River, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This place had the lowest price of any Houston-area hotel that I could find. Since a colleague was staying here, I did too. It wasn't bad. Yes, it wasn't spotless, it appeared dated and worn, and the hallway smelled like old cigarettes. However, the people were friendly enough, the inside of my room didn't smell bad, and the kitchenette was very convenient with a full-size refrigerator, kitchen sink, and dishwasher. (It also had 2 burners, a toaster, and a coffee pot.) Definitely no frills - no shampoo or conditioner, no free bottles of lotion, and only 1 small bar of soap. (There's a sign that if you forgot anything, they had stuff at the front desk.) Also, rooms are cleaned once a week, not daily.

Disclaimer: I did bring my own lysol wipes and wiped EVERYTHING down. OCD? Maybe. But there were some things that were visibly "dirty" that responded well to the lysol wipes. The bathroom, however, was clean.

It was a large bed, king-size I believe. It was okay, but sort of hard. The sheets were clean, but the bedspread was stained.

I did NOT see any bugs.

Bottom line - I felt safe, and after I used the lysol wipes, it felt cleaner. And I loved the area around the hotel. Wow - I didn't realize how nice Houston was!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cantonment, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed here because my son was having brain surgery at MD Anderson and you could walk to the hospital from the hotel. So, location is a plus as is the price. The hotel was just so-so, but they don't claim to be anything else. Had to go to the desk to get towels replaced. Nice to have a kitchenette even if it could use some restocking of utensils and such. Free breakfast is a plus too, though nothing great...did have hot waffles. As some others have said, it's not the cleanest place but it also wasn't unstayably dirty. Might stay again, but for next week's check up we're trying another within walking distance for about the same price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I booked this for a bid of $30 per night on Priceline for December 2011. Very close to Texas Medical Center with complimentary shuttle that runs about on the hour starting at 6:15 am on weekdays. I stayed in a room with a queen bed that was very spacious with kitchen (2 cooktops, small microwave, full refrigerator, dishwasher, some dishes, pots and utensils). Mattress wasn't great and there was a slight odor in the room, but it was tolerable for the value for 2 nights. There is a free breakfast with coffee, orange juice, waffle maker, pre-packaged blueberry muffins, and fruit (no milk). Hard to complain much given the great price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
D.F.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Spending a few days undergoing some medical tests at the VA Hospital I stayed at this lodging. It is not luxery but offers a fair value, is very convenient to all the Medical Center.. The rooms are equipped with kitchens which can be very convenient for longer stays as was my previous experience here six months ago. There is no restaurant in the hotel but many local places nearby, some within walkng distance. A fine choice for the budget traveller for either a short or long stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
City, State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I almost didn't book this location since some of the reviews here are so bad.

My wife and I stayed here last week and enjoyed our 3 day stay. Our non-smoking room was fine for a 2 star hotel. About the only thing I'd mention is the mattress was sagging noticeably in the middle and there was a cigarette burn hole in the spread. I will overlook this since there was no smoke smell which was very important for us since my wife has asthma. The staff person we met at check-in was capable.

As others have mentioned you will need a car to get around as there is no other retail or restaurant establishments nearby. We met several other guest who were here for medical reasons and the hotel offers a shuttle to the medical hospitals. One man told me he took the hotel shuttle everyday to the hospital since MD Anderson charges $8-10 for parking. We saw no children at all.

The breakfast isn't much - just OJ, coffee, cupcake, plain bagel, or make your own waffle, and choice of fruit - banana, orange or apple. Still it was very appreciated and better than nothing. Also you have a mini kitchen in the room if you want to go get some groceries.

The parking lot is fenced in well and there is only one open access for cars (The back entrance has a chain across it). I didn't see anything at night that made me feel like the area was questionable for safety and the outside doors are locked and open with your room key.

Bottom line, if you are in Houston for the medical center area this is not a bad place to land.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Mountain Home, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We thought maybe the review were made by people who just had a bad time in Houston, and needed something to direct their anger at...but no, it really is gross. I bought a bottle of disinfectant at the store and scrubbed everything myself just to feel a little bit better. And, yes, the staff is rude. My 3 year old fell down and hit her head in the hallway, and no one seemed to give a rat's behind. I had to ask for a bag and some paper towels to make an ice pack, they gave me a trash bag, some tissues, and a cold shoulder. Go ahead and spend the extra $$$ and stay some where nicer. Oh, yeah, and our door didn't even lock, you could just give it a little push, and it popped right open! Go on in and steal all my stuff!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.

Address: 1301 South Braeswood Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #327 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Houston-Medical Center Braeswood Hotel Houston
Houston Extended Stay
Extended Stay Houston

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.