“Comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #238 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel location suited us so we booked this hotel. The hotel was well kept. Rooms were spacious. Beds were comfortable and staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was free and pretty basic but it was good value for money. The hotel had free wifi. The staff was courteous. Overall our stay was comfortable and we had no issue with anything.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Heather C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Fayral A,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our beds are very comfortable and we do get compliments on them quite often. It is good to hear that we provided you with great guest service. Our goal is always to impress our guests! We look forward to providing you with great service again if you ever return to the Greater Houston Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The room was clean and the staff friendly, she had a line of guest but handled the guest equally and professionally so the wait was ok. The shuttle took us write to the terminal in enough time to catch our flight. I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
David C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review of the Comfort Inn & Suites. We work hard to ensure 100% guest satisfaction, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again for your next trip to the Houston area.
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I highly recommend this motel, they had exceptional service and made sure we made the port on time to board our cruise ship. They also offered a shuttle to and from the boardwalk. Thanks for taking care of us so well. The motel is only a few miles from the cruise terminal and is very close to the space center as well.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for the nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and received exceptional service from our staff at the Comfort Inn & Suites. We hope to see you again if you are in the Houston area.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Reviews of this hotel were mixed when I made reservation but the hotel was located where I wanted to be and it had good brand recognition. Under new management with highly motivated and professional staff. Maintenance crews working full time, property is clean and well maintained. Ask for the 4th floor which has been recently updated and is greatly improved, however we had two rooms on the 2d floor that were clean and pleasant, everything worked very well. Comfortable beds, good toiletries (very good) 32" flat panel with good channel coverage. Internet works well/fast (wireless). Best breakfast in this class hotel I have seen (I travel frequently). Weather turned bad but pool area is spotless and pool is ready to go. KFC, JackintheBox and Dennys within 150 yards of front door. Good location just south of Houston Galeria.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it. We especially thank you for acknowleging our striving to improve our guest's experience. We hope you stay with us the next time you are in Houston. We are confident you will enjoy the property upgrades and our welcoming atmosphere.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a great hotel, nice clean rooms, the BEST free hotel breakfast, and the staff really seems to want perfection.
The only issue I've had is the house keeper does a good job on the room but wont leave me any coffee, the rest of the staff makes up fo it though.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review Mr. Ware! We enjoyed being your "home away from home."
Prarieville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very Loud road noise next to I-59!!! Room was ok but would not stay here again. Staff at front desk were nice and friendly. Do not what else to say but have to keep writing for review, need to change reviews to less than 200 characters. I have said enough, thanks!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much Billy for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I am happy to know my staff friendly and provided good service, however I regret you will not be returning due to the noise level of the highway.

I will be using this review to make some additions to the amenities we provide to our guests to ensure they have a better sleep experience.

Thanks again for your review,

Tuan Ingram
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had multiple problems in my two night stay. After the first two at check in (card key did not work after two replacements), the manager moved my room and had staff specially help me. That night, I got a letter of apology with a statement they would take $25 off my bill for my inconvenience. Wow! I was impressed. BUT that night my toiler did not flush, next night as well ... No clog, handle just "froze". However, when I called, prompt repair (both times!).

When I got my bill under the door, no $25 discount. Took 3 tries to get the discount!

Rooms are clean (watch those toilets tho!) and adequate. Workout room was small, but fine. However, shower in room had multiple problems (one day no hot water for 10 minutes;another, shower would only come on half way). In sum, the manager seems very good, staff was friendly, but infrastructure (toilets, showers, card keys, etc.) are somewhat problematic.

I would stay here again due to a location that's good for me and a staff that tries.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback! All of your comments are helping us make our guest experience better.

Since your stay, we have taken more preventative maintenance measures to improve the quality of the guest rooms and bathrooms. We have also upgraded our key system and our locks. We are also making other upgrades to provide "Perfect 10" service to all of our guests.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Tuan Ingram

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!