“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12929 Northwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77040   |
Ranked #194 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

You get what you pay for - - but I do recommend checking out the room before moving in with luggage. I checked a couple before choosing - - and got what I bargained for. There were problems with the limited ice machine, where I had to wait for it to ker-chunk out some more ice. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it took up my time waiting. The location was good for what I needed to do.

In Houston - - avoid toll roads that don't accept cash. Some accept toll tags only (forget that your dollar bill says it's good for all debts, public and private, etc.).

Room Tip: I do recommend checking out the room before moving in with luggage.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Vinny P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Red Roof inn Guest,

Thank you for your precious time for writing the review and please accept my sincerest apology for the ice machine as we have just took over the place we were dealing with some issues back then for the guest service we have installed the two new ice machines at the property, and we are right now in process of the doing renovation at the property and there will be lots of changes in the room also now we have brand new microwave and refrierator in all our rooms.

once again thank you for the review and i hope you accept my apology and will visit us again to see the changes i have implemented.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I mean really people...its the Red Roof Inn!! What are you expecting? I believe some thought they'd receive treatment as though theywere at the Waldorf Astoria!?!?!? Quite frankly, after reading these reviews, I expected a wretched night of gun shooting, flying roaches and stained sheets, only to walk out to a window shattered and broken into vehicle. To the contrary, it was average. No bugs, no stains, no loud suspicious sounds, no vehicle vandalism, no crime (that I'm aware of). The carpets certainly could have been vacuumed and shampooed better and the fridge never adequately cooled enough for my taste, but I didn't go to the Red Rood intending to vacation for a week with my family and pets. This is no luxurious retreat, but its not the "bates motel" either. Cheap price, quiet get a way, private, clean enough...works for me!

Room Tip: I chose the second or third floors because you can enter into the rooms from the inside.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Red Roof inn Guest,

Thank you for your precious time to write the review, and please accept my apolgy for the carpet as i have mentioned in other reviews i just took over the property as new management and we are doing complete renovation to all the rooms and lobby and all the carpets will be replace with the new vinyl floor and carpet tile and in all the rooms we have new microfridges.

once again thank you for the review and i hope you accept my apology and will visit again to see the changes i have implemented.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was there a total of 3 nights (I should have never sayed passed the first). When I walked into my room there it was horrable there was refrigerator just sittingn the room next to bed, no place for it so they just stuck it any where. Then when I asked where my microwave was they brought me another refrigerator (smaller) with one stuck to the top of it.
First night I was there they had to move me because the phone in the room did not work.The second night I was asked to move again, they had to move me a third time due to work being done in the motel. Floors, Bathtub yuck and fleas, elevetor was a mess.
Almost every time I went past the front desk they would ask me what room I was in... They could not keep up with where they had put people, the reason I know is because I got a 5:45am wake up call I did not ask for.
The people that worked there were without personality, the only one I felt had any was Lawrance who I believe only worked weekend nights.

I'm sorry but very bad experience will not go back

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This property is not in a good location to stay from a safety perspective. I travel 20+ weeks a year so I see my fair share of hotels. I rarely write a review of a property that I stay at but this one I feel was worth commenting on.

The front desk personnel were very nice and provided me with a ground floor room which I thought would be great since I would not have to drag my luggage up to another floor.

The minute I checked into my room I thought maybe I should go somewhere else. The room was terrible. It had dirty carpets, stains on the walls, and beat up furniture. It was just a filthy room. There was a "punch hole" in the bathroom door.

My company prepaid the room so I decided to stay. To add to the amenenties the room next door to me must have been selling drugs as they had several visitors throughout the night. One of deals must have went bad as the person staying in the room next door sent his dog out to take care of the bad deal.

What a bad night from any and every aspect.

Do not stay here for your own good and safety.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've stayed at this location at least 7 to 8 days out of the month for the last 6 months and I think it's AWESOME! I love their service. Housekeeping personnel are very courteous and polite each and every time. I've never had a problem with receiving everything I need during my stay. And the front desk clerks, I don't know where they find them, but they could come work for me any day...not that I'm trying to steal their employees or anything, but I'm in management and I would love to have a group like them work for me; especially Lawrence. He always has a smile on his face, even when dealing with difficult clients. I don't think I've ever seen him frown. He's very patient, because I'm always a difficult client. I have to be in a certain spot in the hotel and he makes every effort to accommodate me every time.

Room Tip: The KING is the best. The beds in the doubles are a little small for two people, if you ask me. I...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Red Roof Inn Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff here at the Red Roof Inn! I just took over as the new management of this hotel and I am elated that the staff here has provided you with just excellent service. I sincerely appreciate the time you took to note the great service each staff member provided you. Be assured that I will personally acknowledge the team members that have gone above and beyond to make your stay so enjoyable!I look forward to meeting you when you return to this hotel next time. Again, thank you giving us your feedback and encouraging words!

Vinny Patel
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am a systems engineer that travels all through out the Continental United States in the Telecom field and since my stay here 3 weeks ago- I have had nothing but a great experience with the staff here at the ROOF. To begin with, the cleaning staff - especially Marina and Olga have made my stay very pleasent and they are attentive of my room and the equipment that I use for my profession which was a concern-no problems there!!! Also the front desk staff is very professional and greet me everytime I come "home" from work. Lawrence is very hard working and knowledgeable and has recommended local businesses that I have gone to, restaurants, sites, and also where NOT to go- Homerun with all. Most recently I have had the pleasure of meeting Vickie the Regional manager--very outgoing and is concerned with promoting the quality of this Hotel chain- Thanks Vickie for the 15 percent vouchers- I will use them. Elmer a new empolyee is also very courteous and goes the extra mile.
I had the opportunity to stay at a suite next door that offers full amenities- Refrig, stove, etc and was offered the same great rate I am paying here- I refused. Props to you Red Roof Inn NW Houston - keep up the great job!!!!! The pool is also very clean!!!!

Room Tip: I am staying on second floor and no problems with noise and they have a security guard in the evenin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Red Roof Inn Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff here at the Red Roof Inn! I just took over as the new management of this hotel and I am elated that the staff here has provided you with just excellent service. I sincerely appreciate the time you took to note the great service each staff member provided you. Be assured that I will personally acknowledge the team members that have gone above and beyond to make your stay so enjoyable! I also appreciate your comments about feeling like this is your home! You will be happy to know that we are actively working to enhance this hotel. In less than one month all our rooms will have microfridges and a guest laundry is currently in the works! All new and current guests will be pleasantly pleased with these enhancements. I look forward to meeting you when you return to this hotel next time. Again, thank you giving us your feedback and encouraging words!

Vinny Patel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

I've had to stay here w my family upon relocating. Yes the carpet and wallpaper in the halls is tacky needs to desperately be renovated. The housekeeping staff is nice and helpful. A few front desk employees stand out such as Jessica L. Who works with you is courteous understanding and has great customer service. Most of the other front desk are texting or surfing the internet and don't greet you. Jessica talks to you like an old friend. Unfortunately management is not great. The manager is not compassionate when helping with billing issues or concerns. Refuses to apologize for misunderstandings. I do recommend the hotel though based on price and staff just don't expect empathy from management.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow? Share your experiences!