“Excellent service, perfect stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Houston - Energy Corridor
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15701 Park Ten Place, Houston, TX 77084   |
Ranked #161 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Excellent service, perfect stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Property was clean, even though there were renovations happening, room and sheets/bedding were very clean, as far as we are concerned they made our stay very comfortable. Staff was friendly and professional, especially Latrina at the front desk...she was cordial, patient, and very helpful. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: First floor is easier if you have pets.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The management was extremely rude and charged my boyfriend and I for smoking in a room we DID NOT smoke in. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone! Save yourself $270 by not staying in this hotel and being falsely accused of smoking in it!

• Stayed April 2014
Heather C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
I am sorry that you are unhappy that you did not receive a refund due to a smoking fee that you incurred. At check in all guests are required to sign a registration card which clearly indicates that smoking is not allowed in the hotel and if it occurs the guest will receive a $200 fee. This is common practice in the hospitality industry. Every day my staff enters all rooms and advises me if there are any issues. If smoking does occur in the room, we have to deep clean that room for the next guests. The $200 fee covers the deep clean and the displaced revenue of the room. We do not charge guests who do not smoke in the room a fee. I apologize that you feel I was rude. I spoke with your boyfriend for 15 minutes in regards to this charge and advised him that I would not refund the charge.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel looks nice and we checked mattress for bed bugs. After laying in the bed for about an hour me and my husband began to itch. I started taking every layer off of the bed (sheets, then padding). Discovered that there were 3 dead bugs (very small) on the mattress pad in the middle of the bed. Also there was a urine stain on the mattress pad and sheet.
Went down to reception to report issue and tell them that I didn't want to stay there anymore. The lady at the desk told me that she would "make a note and tell the manager". Being that it was almost 11 pm I didn't fight her over the charge for the nights stay ($78 with tax).

Going to the best western to take a hot shower and to sleep in a clean bed.

Stayed March 2014
I apologize for the issue you experienced during your stay. I did not receive any information from my front desk in regards to your stay. Please be assured that we have a very extensive exterminating contract and policy. We do not tolerate pests! The housekeeping staff takes off all sheets prior to them cleaning the rooms. This ensures that new sheets are placed onto all beds within the facility. We also have an executive housekeeper that checks all rooms to ensure the guest will receive a clean room and enjoy their stay. I welcome the opportunity to talk to you in regards to your stay. Please feel free to contact me via the hotel's phone number.
Tustin, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel is being renovated. I did not see any workers renovating during the week that I was there, but I saw a lot of construction tools and room ammenities that were scattered about. The staff was nice. Once you are in the room, it is clean and utilitarian. No closets. The hallways are old. What hallway renovations that were done consisted of very POOR paint jobs on doors and walls. Once inside the room, you get what you pay for. Stay on the northern 2nd and 3rd floors as the I-10 noise is bad. Don't count on the fitness center, guest laundry room or ice makers as they are all out of commission.

Room Tip: Until the renovation is completed, try somewhere else. But, if you absolutely have to stay here, ch...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I wanted to advise you that our room renovation is completed. We have ice machines on all three floors. Our fitness center is now open as well and includes a treadmill, recumbent bike and an elliptical machine. We also have stretching matts and workout balls available. Our guest laundry will be open soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have traveled the Southeast states for the past 2 months and this hotel is one of the best ones. The reasonably priced rooms have recently been updated and this really made our stay comfortable. While our stay lasted longer than we anticipated, the staff Angie and Latrina made us feel right at home. Best bang for your buck!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Heather C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey for us. I will make certain to show your survey to our team and congratulate Trina and Angie for providing you with the guest service you deserve. I am thrilled to know you are enjoying the renovated room! Thank you again and we hope to see you during your future travels.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of the price. I was pleasantly surprised to find it very clean. It surpassed my expectations and the staff was super friendly. They went out of their way to help me. My housekeeper Jesus was always smiling and saying hello. The only thing I didn't enjoy is having to travel 5 minutes to get food.

• Stayed January 2014
Heather C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for providing us this wonderful Trip Advisor review. I am thrilled to hear that all of our staff provided you with excellent service. Like you, I wish we had more restaurants closer to our location. We do have pizza, subs, and chinese delivery for guests who do not wish to venture out. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out a review. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The new rooms are excellent - service is awesome - Jose and Karen at the front desk are wonderful to deal with! I would stay here again. No bugs - clean - great service - what more can you ask for! It is under renovation and once that is complete this will be a very nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Heather C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Lesley C,

It is wonderful to hear that you were provided with excellent guest service. The room renovation is in its final stages and will be mostly complete by the end of this week. We strive in providing great guest service with clean rooms at a reasonable price. Jose and Karen will be acknowledged for making certain our goals were met. We look forward to a return visit from you if you are in need of accommodations in the West Houston Area.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Houston - Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!